Microsoft preventing choice

Jay Ladouceur

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Recently purchased galaxy tab a with some Microsoft Office software pre installed. I want to use WPS Office to open spreadsheets like I do on mym phone. When I try to open an excel sheet on my Google Drive using the 'open with' cmd, the Microsoft app cuts in and won't let me select anything else.. How do I fix this?

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I get to that point and the choice is to either leave the MS app alone or enable the factory app. No option to simply disable excel. Did you enable the factory app?
I disabled word, powerpoint, and excel seperately. Now when I go to settings/applications/application manager they all read "Turned off" and I'm using wps!😉

Jay Ladouceur

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
But when you disabled those apps did you get the warning that disabling built in apps would cause problems with other programs and data loss? That's what I get and then if I click disable the only choice I have is to keep Excel or restore factory app, which I presume is excel anyway.

ccLuv2Cruz

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
But when you disabled those apps did you get the warning that disabling built in apps would cause problems with other programs and data loss? That's what I get and then if I click disable the only choice I have is to keep Excel or restore factory app, which I presume is excel anyway.
I'm pretty sure I got the same warning for these and other apps and everything I care about still works fine!👍 Keep me posted and good luck!