Mid range price to replace my Galaxy S8

pilansb

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I dropped my beautiful s8 and left me with a crack on each side and about 2 inch white block covering the keyboard.

A local shop says it would costs 200$ to replace the screen. I thought about just having it replaced. But then the water barrier seal wouldnot be the same seal and samusung no longer supports this phone. As beautiful of a phone I have to move on. I got this at a whooper of a deal 3 years ago off walmart website from walmart for 125$. They messed up on my entire purchase with minutes and description. So they just let me have it at a discount. It was a straight talk phone and have the service. Its worked so well until i dropped it 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, I am getting sticker shock for quailty like phones. I dont want to spend over 300$ i will have to purchase a case and screen shield which I am religious about keeping my phone protected. So this will put me over the 300$

Any suggestions from any of you? Im not sure I want a refurbished but may consider it. I just dont know who to trust.

And is there a place to sell my broken phone for a few bucks. Someone that has the tools and know how can make a few bucks as well. Its been in a case with screen protection since I bought it.

My main question is midrange phone with decent macro and not over saturated pictures. My s8 has food, slow mo, pro, photo, and more.

I use it all the time for taking pictures of my oil paintings and uploading for sale. So i need good quality not over saturated camera.

Thank you in advance for all your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can find deals for the Pixel 3 or 3 XL for <$300 these days. It'll stop getting system updates later this year, but most midrange phones from other manufacturers probably won't get many updates anyway, so that's not a big difference there. There's no macro lens per se, but my 3 XL still takes some pretty awesome close-up shots with great detail.

Here's a new 64 GB 3 XL at Woot for $215: electronics.woot.com/offers/google-pixel-3xl-unlocked-new-not-pink?ref=w_cnt_wp_5_2