MikVirgin "Installation aborted" help!

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can never get any of these new ICS roms to work. I have a CDMA evo 3d, Hboot 1.50, using 4ext recovery. My phone has no working rom installed currently. Here's what I've done in order: I start in recovery, I do a factory reset, then I clear the cache as well as the dalvik cache. Then, I go to the bootloader where I flash the boot.img from the MikVirgin file I downloaded. I go back to recovery and try to flash the MikVirign-RC3-signed.zip but I end up always getting "Installation aborted".

I had the evergreen CM7 port before this and it flashed just fine.

Tried this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1666133) and same problems still. I'm downloading the latest MeanRom in hopes it'll work.

Last edited:

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
For some reason I can never get any of these new ICS roms to work. I have a CDMA evo 3d, Hboot 1.50, using 4ext recovery. My phone has no working rom installed currently. Here's what I've done in order: I start in recovery, I do a factory reset, then I clear the cache as well as the dalvik cache. Then, I go to the bootloader where I flash the boot.img from the MikVirgin file I downloaded. I go back to recovery and try to flash the MikVirign-RC3-signed.zip but I end up always getting "Installation aborted".

I had the evergreen CM7 port before this and it flashed just fine.

Tried this method (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1666133) and same problems still. I'm downloading the latest MeanRom in hopes it'll work.

Maybe a bad download?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

tbrookins1

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem. Google Anthrax ics universal kernel. Download it. Save it to your sdcard. Flash the Rom ics Rom of choice and before rebooting flash the anthrax kernel. Should be good to go

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Google Anthrax ics universal kernel. Download it. Save it to your sdcard. Flash the Rom ics Rom of choice and before rebooting flash the anthrax kernel. Should be good to go

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2

he is saying the rom isnt flashing
i agree download the rom again it sounds like a bad DL

cowkong#AC

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
That was exactly it. I had it set when the download was complete that it was immediately unarchived, then I would have to compress the file myself, bad move. Just changed that, and we were good to go. Got the ROM flashed now. Gotta say, a lot of random shut offs (battery pull necessary kinds, not good) and a lot of apps (the more graphic intensive games, rather) are force quitting. I don't know if it's the ROM to blame, but it's extremely frustrating. Thanks for the help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo