Mini arrived! 8/21

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought the FedEx email was a mistake, or that the company had ordered me an Ultra - but no, it's the Mini!

I'm going to love it. The size is great, just larger than a friend,s iPhone 4. Just feels good in the hand. And pocket. I would have preferred a less-slick casing, but that's the extent of my complaints thus far.

For comparison, I'm moving from a GNex. The Mini feels smaller than the actual size difference. Weight seems about the same.

Sorry, no real reports to give. Just starting to play with the Zap, touchless control, active notifications ... Just happy it's here

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you confirm whether it has oled or LCD screen? If you give it an entirely black screen, is it as dark as your gnex on a black screen?

Brooke

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm whether it has oled or LCD screen? If you give it an entirely black screen, is it as dark as your gnex on a black screen?
FWIW, I took a black pic (dark, finger over lens) to use as a background. To my eye it is not as dark as the GNex. Got a better test?

- - - Updated - - -

How is the performance?
In simple use, seems snappier than the GNex.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Mini has oled screen ..Verizon got it it wrong on there website

Posted via Android Central App

Do you have a source for that screen info? The LCD is sort of turning me off, and if that's wrong that would be great. But so far everything I am finding says it's LCD. And the Motorola website just gives pixel density and calls it HD. It doesn't say what the technology is.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a source for that screen info? The LCD is sort of turning me off, and if that's wrong that would be great. But so far everything I am finding says it's LCD. And the Motorola website just gives pixel density and calls it HD. It doesn't say what the technology is.

I'm also interested if you have a source. I hope you are right. Motorola would have been dumb not to include oled. But all of the spec sites now seem to say LCD, whereas a few weeks ago a few said AMOLED.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Fro the record, when I ordered my wife's iPhone 4 from Verizon, they gave me a ship by (or was it receive by) date. Doesn't feel uncommon to me to see devices leave Verizon early.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I thought the FedEx email was a mistake, or that the company had ordered me an Ultra - but no, it's the Mini!

I'm going to love it. The size is great, just larger than a friend,s iPhone 4. Just feels good in the hand. And pocket. I would have preferred a less-slick casing, but that's the extent of my complaints thus far.

For comparison, I'm moving from a GNex. The Mini feels smaller than the actual size difference. Weight seems about the same.

Sorry, no real reports to give. Just starting to play with the Zap, touchless control, active notifications ... Just happy it's here

Brooke - is there a notification LED?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
This is plainly false. There is no notification LED on any of the new Droids. That's the whole purpose of Active Display -- they've replaced the notification LED with the Active Display.

And have you seen the DROID MINI in-person?

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Due to it being an LCD screen it does not have active notifications

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Also false. Haven't seen a single credible source that says this. Everything I've read days all new droids have active display.

Can one of the new owners step in and settle this? Does the mini have active notifications? Does it have an led? Pics of led?

Everything I've read says yes to active notifications and no to led, but I'm willing to admit I haven't seen one in store.

Sent from my GT-I9192

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Active notifications AND an led? Is it a multicolor led like on the Razer M? Can you take a pic or movie of it blinking?

Sent from my GT-I9192

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarderCrack