Minimum Post Requirement for Contests

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but, why isn't there a minimum post requirement for contests? I'm tired of scrolling through a contest and seeing post numbers like, 1, 3, 7, etc. and maybe seeing one or two per page with over 100 posts. This contest:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/android-contests/179064-enter-win-one-5-free-zaggsparqs.html

had five winners. And, if I recall, only one of them had more than maybe, 10 posts (I believe it was over 200, which to me is perfectly acceptable). I can't help but feel slighted having almost 1000 posts and losing out to someone with 7 posts (all of which are probably contest entries).

I contemplated posting this for a while, because, I don't like to complain, and kept saying, nah, I wont bother. But, this one was the straw that broke it for me. The contests are a nice chance for a reward for people who actually participate in the community. The vast majority of my posts are me trying to troubleshoot for other members, so, I don't really get anything out of it other than being a good samaritan. Which is fine in itself. If there were no contests, I wouldn't care. But, since there are, it just seems like you should have to participate in the forums to take advantage of it. Not, I leave the contest forum of AC open in a tab in FF and refresh it daily, then post "gimmie prizes!!!!!!11", that's my contribution to AC.

At least make the serious contests, like Tablets, phones, etc. have a minimum requirement, and, free apps open to the public.

Okay, rant over, just had to get that out there. Thanks for listening and any feedback.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Devinator,

Thanks for the feedback. We do plan on holding contests for our more established members who meet certain post count and length of membership requirements. The forum will only be visible if you meet the requirements we set up.

Stay tuned for details.

Cory

Reactions: Devinator

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's great to hear Cory, and, I appreciate your quick response. AC is without a doubt the best forum I've participated in. I'm glad to hear that you plan to take care of those who help to make this such a great community. Keep up the good work!! :D

Reactions: Cory Streater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21