Mint condition Google Pixel 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
Ooooohhhh... gimmegimmegimme!

I had just bought a Pixel 5 from Google and it lasted less than 12 hours before going Tango Uniform. Bright pink vertical line down the left side of the screen. I knew it meant a hardware failure but I really wanted this phone so I tried restarts, restarts in safe mode, a full factory reset, etc. Nothing helped as I suspected it wouldn't. So I started the process of a warranty replacement. Geez, Google does NOT make it easy! With Apple you go into an Apple Store, show them the defective iPhone, and walk out with a new one.

After going in circles on the Google Support website I initiated an online chat. And I must say the reps on the chat were all aces. They quickly assessed my issue and determined almost immediately this Pixel was a lost cause. Took my info (email, phone#, IMEI, order#, etc) and sent me a link to order a new phone. And the link was dead. The rep said to wait a week and try again while they worked on the problem on their end, but the link to re-order was only good for 72 hours. I was scratching my head about Google, masters of the internet, having down servers or sending dead links, and generally worrying about getting splinters (wooden head, rubber feet).

Last night I initiated a new chat to check on the general status of my failed re-order and got another excellent cs rep. He took it as far as he could and promised a response within 24 hours. So right now I'm still in limbo with Google and decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm buying THIS Pixel 5 and will decide what to do about the one from Google. I will either cancel for a refund with Google or keep it as a backup. That is if/when I get my replacement.

Despite the excellent performance of the cs reps on the online chats, their hands are tied as to final disposition of my re-order. None of them possess the Elder Wand which is the only thing that can help me at this point. That, or Google actually giving a darn about me. Mirable dictu, I feel this purchase from jhaire08 has buoyed my spirits.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.34.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-07 at 10.34.00 AM.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 15

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ooooohhhh... gimmegimmegimme!

I had just bought a Pixel 5 from Google and it lasted less than 12 hours before going Tango Uniform. Bright pink vertical line down the left side of the screen. I knew it meant a hardware failure but I really wanted this phone so I tried restarts, restarts in safe mode, a full factory reset, etc. Nothing helped as I suspected it wouldn't. So I started the process of a warranty replacement. Geez, Google does NOT make it easy! With Apple you go into an Apple Store, show them the defective iPhone, and walk out with a new one.

After going in circles on the Google Support website I initiated an online chat. And I must say the reps on the chat were all aces. They quickly assessed my issue and determined almost immediately this Pixel was a lost cause. Took my info (email, phone#, IMEI, order#, etc) and sent me a link to order a new phone. And the link was dead. The rep said to wait a week and try again while they worked on the problem on their end, but the link to re-order was only good for 72 hours. I was scratching my head about Google, masters of the internet, having down servers or sending dead links, and generally worrying about getting splinters (wooden head, rubber feet).

Last night I initiated a new chat to check on the general status of my failed re-order and got another excellent cs rep. He took it as far as he could and promised a response within 24 hours. So right now I'm still in limbo with Google and decided to take matters into my own hands. I'm buying THIS Pixel 5 and will decide what to do about the one from Google. I will either cancel for a refund with Google or keep it as a backup. That is if/when I get my replacement.

Despite the excellent performance of the cs reps on the online chats, their hands are tied as to final disposition of my re-order. None of them possess the Elder Wand which is the only thing that can help me at this point. That, or Google actually giving a darn about me. Mirable dictu, I feel this purchase from jhaire08 has buoyed my spirits.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I too fathom on how that type of thing could happen with Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.