Mirroring by hard wiring?

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I travel a good bit and never know what kind of TV might be in the room. I generally connect my tablet to the available TV to get my desired content.
I have been trying to find an adapter to use with my 2XL. Of course my tablet adapter doesn't have a USBC plug. I found an adapter that works well with my new PixelBook but does not seem to work with my 2XL. Amazingly enough I can get audio but not video. I initially had the problem with the Pixelbook but found a setting to allow the screen mirroring. Is there a similar setting for The 2XL?
If not, is there some other way, preferably low tech, to mirror the 2XL to a TV , other than ChromeCast or Miracast?

Thanks
Randy

randyjaco

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Bummer, out of the US, more often than would I like ,hotels don't have wifi in the rooms or they only allow one wifi device at a time. That's why I was looking for a hard wire solution B-(

Thanks
Randy

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I still use my old Nexus 7 (2013) for that purpose on the road - adapter & HDMI cable, Netflix movies downloaded already (so no Wi-Fi required) and I'm golden.