miss the blackberry rocker and other things!!!

knightbb

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I love the droid!! But there are some things that I dont know why the droid wouldn't have on it. One of the things is the Rocker music skipper. meaning if you have your phone holstered you cant just press and hold up or down on the rocker to switch the song. With the Droid you have to unholster the phone unlock it probably go back to the music player and then change the song and also there is no music equalizer. (When I found that out I was shocked but the music dose sound nice I guess)

Another thing is when you want to make a call you have to scroll all over the contact list to find the name you are looking for unlike other phones that are less expensive where you can just type the first letter of the name and the phone will display all the names that start with that name. . Yes you can do the voice command but it wont make the call for you. I dont even use that fetcher anymore because it not really hands free! its like a bad joke for VOICE command. :eek:

I know every phone has its ups and downs but come one this stuff I mentioned are very basic one Smartphone software. by the way is there a program that you can download to get the Rocker song skipper?:confused:

ikith

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I love the droid!! But there are some things that I dont know why the droid wouldn't have on it. One of the things is the Rocker music skipper. meaning if you have your phone holstered you cant just press and hold up or down on the rocker to switch the song. With the Droid you have to unholster the phone unlock it probably go back to the music player and then change the song and also there is no music equalizer. (When I found that out I was shocked but the music dose sound nice I guess)

Another thing is when you want to make a call you have to scroll all over the contact list to find the name you are looking for unlike other phones that are less expensive where you can just type the first letter of the name and the phone will display all the names that start with that name. . Yes you can do the voice command but it wont make the call for you. I dont even use that fetcher anymore because it not really hands free! its like a bad joke for VOICE command. :eek:

I know every phone has its ups and downs but come one this stuff I mentioned are very basic one Smartphone software. by the way is there a program that you can download to get the Rocker song skipper?:confused:

Uh you can search for names by typing them. Goto your contacts and push a letter on your keyboard and look what it pops up.

willymakit

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
My headset changes the songs ,I can anwser and hang up calls,up and down volume.

I can scroll through contacts like lightning so no problem there. And I have the people I call most on one of my home screens.

Sorry Blackberry has nothing on a DROID. IMHO:D

that1bb

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
"Acontacts" is a program you should check out for your dialing woes. It is a great simple little program that uses a t9 keyboard and searches while you type. So you can either dial the number directly, or spell out the name on its t9 key pad.
Bummer about the rocker, I missed that too, but having a music widget is better than nothing. Good luck!

Chiefvelo#IM

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
hold the search key until voice command comes up and say "call Name name mobile" you have two different voice dialing apps standard.
hit the search key and then type the first name of who you want to call. start your most called and they will be one of your favorites. fast dialing.

MikeB

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Another nice contacts app is StarContact. It has a nice T9 style search as well. I use it in place of the std contacts app.

Also, long press the desktop and add a shortcut. You can add a contact, direct message, direct dial. Very nice for those few really frequently called people.

j-radcapp

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Uh you can search for names by typing them. Goto your contacts and push a letter on your keyboard and look what it pops up.

And if opening up the physical keyboard is to hard...

You can just hit the menu button then search when it contacts and it brings up the virtual keyboard.

ericks17

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Another thing is when you want to make a call you have to scroll all over the contact list to find the name you are looking for unlike other phones that are less expensive where you can just type the first letter of the name and the phone will display all the names that start with that name.

I can type the first letter of a contact right from the home screen, just hit the magnifying glass on the phone and start typing your contact's name. That is how I always make calls to someone in my phonebook.

dlongb13

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I too miss the rocker to change songs. But usually when I'm listening to music I'm int he car with it in the dock so its still in the media player so its no big deal. But for the times when im grocery shopping and am listening to music to drowned out the sounds of babies, moms on cell phones and electric shopping cars, it would be nice to be able to reached into my pocket and change songs "no look" style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olyria10