Question Missing "Android System" settings

GlennM

Jun 20, 2023
Visit site
Hi,

I was recently given an Oppo R15 Pro with Android V10 and for the life of me I can't seem to find settings for the "Android System". I have normal phone settings but no System settings for Android.

I'm trying to connect to a Windows 11 PC to transfer files and it only connects to charge and doesn't give me the popup options when plugging in the USB to select file transfer. Pulling down the options settings from the top of the phone gives me everything except for "Android System".

Can anyone please let me know why I can't access "Android System" settings to change what happens when the USB cable gets connected.

I have tried a total of 7 different USB cables and 3 different Windows PC's (don't have access to a Mac).

Thank you for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure what you mean when you say you have normal phone settings but no System settings for Android. Are you saying that you can bring up the system setting menu (that includes things like Network, Apps, Notifications, Battery, etc.) but you don't see a category for System there?

Did you do a factory reset when you got the phone? Any idea if the previous owner may have rooted the phone and installed a custom ROM?

Reactions: Madd62