missing VoLTE option

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
I do not see the VoLTE option --> 'mobile networks' for my S22 Ultra I ordered directly from USA Samsung. yet i see youtube videos for S22 Ultra how to turn on/off this option

i only see four entries--> mobile networks
. data roaming
. network mode
. access point names
. network operators

is this the same thing to enable 'Wi-Fi Calling' --> connections

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
It could just be that your network operator doesn't support it.

On my phone, it only shows VO LTE for SIM 2, because SIM 1 doesn't support the feature.

That said mine is an unlocked UK model so it might not be the same.

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
It could just be that your network operator doesn't support it.

On my phone, it only shows VO LTE for SIM 2, because SIM 1 doesn't support the feature.

That said mine is an unlocked UK model so it might not be the same.

hmmm...

anyone who purchased an unlocked S22 Ultra from Samsung in the USA with T-mobile - do you see the VoLTE option??

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
hmmm...

anyone who purchased an unlocked S22 Ultra from Samsung in the USA with T-mobile - do you see the VoLTE option??

Didn't you guys shut down all of your 3G networks? So the toggle probably isn't there because VO LTE is the only option for phone calls... If you want to turn it off you wouldn't be able to make and receive phone calls anymore lol

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site
Didn't you guys shut down all of your 3G networks? So the toggle probably isn't there because VO LTE is the only option for phone calls... If you want to turn it off you wouldn't be able to make and receive phone calls anymore lol

so what does this have anything to do with 3G, especially when LTE = 4G

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
so what does this have anything to do with 3G, especially when LTE = 4G

Because you can't make conventional phone calls over 4g. the only way to make a phone call is VO LTE which is VoIP. So with no 3G network to fall back on for conventional calling, the only way to make a phone call Is VoLTE.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
hmmm...

I have an USA unlocked s22 Ultra purchased from Samsung running on T-Mobile. There is no option for toggling on or off VoLTE. I think the last time I saw that option was on my locked T-Mobile s9+.

In my case on my s9+, I left the toggle off, as it made my call quality awful.

Last edited:

holz75

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm using an unlocked S22+ on AT&T, and I don't have that setting either. I'm guessing it's just now simplified into WiFi Calling?

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Nope AT&T never had that option I've had all the Notes Series and some S Series and that option has never existed, cause all AT&T Samsung phones has it built in .

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I see the VoLTE option on AT&T with my pixel 3XL, and our Moto phones. It must just be a Samsung setting. The VoLTE toggle was activated on our phones by AT&T if I remember right, I'm pretty sure it's a carrier side thing. Since you have to have VoLTE going forward for your phones to work, they probably just deleted the toggle on the Samsungs like Fuzzy suggested... maybe no need for the toggle anymore.

I sure wish AT&T left the 5G toggle in though, there's a definite need for that :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty