MKBHD Swaps from Pixel 2 XL

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like he finally swapped. I always like his videos / opinions and believe he is usually always fair with his reasoning as to why (even if I don't always agree). I haven't tried any other phones except the Pixel since it came out (except iPhone X) so far it is good to me. I will be getting a Pixel 3 XL when it drops so I believe that will possibly solve the issue he is seeing? Who knows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5zZnuB71w&t=1s

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Looks like he finally swapped. I always like his videos / opinions and believe he is usually always fair with his reasoning as to why (even if I don't always agree). I haven't tried any other phones except the Pixel since it came out (except iPhone X) so far it is good to me. I will be getting a Pixel 3 XL when it drops so I believe that will possibly solve the issue he is seeing? Who knows.

Can't watch right now. What did he swap it for?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Me personally haven't seen my pixel 2 xl slow down , but my 1+6 is faster . I personally like the os on the 1+6 and think that's what pixel should be out the box

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Interesting Vid... haven't recognized any lag on my own device, but I run it skinny and I'm not a power user, more moderate.

When GA grows all the way up and runs 100% of my tech through it... sweet nirvana!!:p

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had no lag issues what so ever on my P2XL. Still buttery smooth from day one. I have been very tempted in purchasing a red 1+6 though but I'm very hesitant becasue of the subpar camera compared to the P2XL. But for 579 plus a 10% student discount, hard to resist. I really do like how Oxygen OS looks as well.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm much the same as everyone else. I have not seen any lag or slowdown with my pixel xl2. If there is some I can't tell as my user experience hasn't changed. Im sure if you put it under a microscope you will find dirt. Reality is instead of doing things outside the norm to see if you can intentionally find lag and just use the device as intended then there probably won't be any noticeable issues. Just my opinion.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm much the same as everyone else. I have not seen any lag or slowdown with my pixel xl2. If there is some I can't tell as my user experience hasn't changed. Im sure if you put it under a microscope you will find dirt. Reality is instead of doing things outside the norm to see if you can intentionally find lag and just use the device as intended then there probably won't be any noticeable issues. Just my opinion.
Yeah I don't know what these dudes do to their phones but I've experienced absolutely no lag, still a flawless experience.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I don't know what these dudes do to their phones but I've experienced absolutely no lag, still a flawless experience.

I've been in this boat before. You switch to a phone with a newer processor and more RAM and you feel the speed difference. Over time you convince yourself the old device must be laggy when it's really not. Imo he got used to the speed of the op8 and is having trouble going back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've been in this boat before. You switch to a phone with a newer processor and more RAM and you feel the speed difference. Over time you convince yourself the old device must be laggy when it's really not. Imo he got used to the speed of the op8 and is having trouble going back.

That's not the case with my s9+ on sd845 vs 1+6 sd845 ...1+6 is still faster maybe the pixel 3 will be different

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I used to be a huge MKBHD fan last year, but now he just bugs me.

The reason he switched to a OnePlus 6 is pretty stupid, IMO. He's switching because of a 0.5 millisecond difference between frame rates. That's pretty dumb, IMO.

hrrsncrawford

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
My Pixel 2 XL experience has been similar to his.. I haven't had any other phone to use unlike him, but have encountered hiccups every now and then on both the beta Android P and regular 8.1

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Pixel laggy you have to be kidding me. Mine never misses a beat still as buttery smooth as the day I received it. Pure android experience best camera ever. Only thing this phone missing is a good screen but that is coming with Pixel 3.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Pixel laggy you have to be kidding me. Mine never misses a beat still as buttery smooth as the day I received it. Pure android experience best camera ever. Only thing this phone missing is a good screen but that is coming with Pixel 3.
Exactly.............

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
Agreed. I've got no problem believing the 1+6 is faster and seems smoother than the Pixel 2, but the fact that it's coming out of the gate with a new processor and 2X the RAM makes that conclusion a no-brainer. And as far as the video's concerned we've really only got his say-so about how badly his own phone has "degraded over time."

If nothing else, though, he makes a good advert for the new 845, as long as it comes with RAM to burn.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chao