MMS problems after rooting

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Since I've rooted. The only ROM I've tried that MMS works is OMFGB. MIUI, CM 7, and SkyRaider all had a constant force close, or when I tried to send MMS they continually try to send. Any ideas? I've attempted to clear data and cache in MMS on all. I'd like to try a ROM with Sense, but I cannot do so and have this work. Also, with SkyRaider, People application had a FC as well.

DInc
OMFGB

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks UpMiami, I did what you said and got me some Warm Z, this ROM is badass. MMS is working now, I thought I honestly tried wiping all 3 before previously flashing ROMS, but who knows, maybe i got too excited. Everything is good, and looks like i'll be keeping this on here for a while.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
reflash any rom in recovery not with rom manager wipe-data factory reset, wipe cache, and wipe dalvik... and flash the rom

When you say "factory reset" is that a fourth step? When I flash a Rom I always do the factory data/reset and cache partition wipes on the first screen in recovery and the dalvik cache. I know there is a factory reset on the first screen in hboot with the skateboarding robots but I guess that's something different

I'm one of the other posts it said about fixing permissions, does that need to be done too? And if so do I have to re flash again?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
When you say "factory reset" is that a fourth step? When I flash a Rom I always do the factory data/reset and cache partition wipes on the first screen in recovery and the dalvik cache. I know there is a factory reset on the first screen in hboot with the skateboarding robots but I guess that's something different

I'm one of the other posts it said about fixing permissions, does that need to be done too? And if so do I have to re flash again?

Try Fix Permissions in Recovery before re-flashing. It will not change your ROM other than to Fix the permission settings on the files. If that does not work then try the re-flash.

Last edited:

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Tried the permissions and it didn't work. If I go back to th stock Rom with a different kernel will my pics work even if I leave root? Any suggestions on good kernels and setCPU settings for better battery that's my main concern.
I never had an issue until I used differnt Roms. I use launcher pro anyway so the home screen thing is what I dont like from sense. I love the dialer but will miss having widgets on my notification bar.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
i did the permissions and re flashed it now works but now

im trying to use Incredibly Re-Engineered Z v1.0.1 [03-8-11] Zzz..Zzz.Zzz ZOOM!

i tired all 3 versions and same thung happens

I did a full wipe and I tried using 2.5.1.2 clockwork and I got stuck at the white incrdible screen. Must I use clockwork 3.0?

how long is the white HTC incredible screen stay up before the rom loads??? i had mine going for like 5 mins i used miui, warm z in the past and it would start to load the ROM up in like a minute, am i not being patient enough?

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks up you always know. Where can I get the latest clockwork? Or just get it from Rom. Manager

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Well after doing that it still didn't work it gave me 3.0.0.8 I'm looking for a 3.0 that's older like 3.0.0.5 to try a different rom that wont take

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TX_Poker