T-Mobile Galaxy S8 Moisture warning

Traineeee

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I keep getting a moisture warning (moisture has been detected on your charger/USB port make sure it is dry before charging your phone, it may take some time to dry completely) why is this happening when I am just driving around in my taxi?

Cyvain87

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't know for sure myself but maybe condensation is getting in there somehow? Maybe thst would trigger it? Maybe it would be worth getting some sort of protective case to protect the ports whilst they aren't in use when your driving around? Only an idea from my own logical thinking not a guaranteed answer or solution.

Traineeee

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the answers guys but I've had the phone for 8 months and just started getting this message in the last couple of weeks. The phone is kept in a half plastic cup holder with plenty air and movement. I've just done a system update today so praying that helps!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There might be a problem with the port itself. Make sure there isn't any debris in there by blowing it out with a can of compressed air. Also try cleaning the contacts with a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol.