Moment Questions

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I recently swapped out my Pre for a Moment. I'm mostly happy, but still struggling with a few features (or lack of). I've done some digging, but haven't found the answers to a few things:

Silence ALL - I've set the volume to be silent for the ringer, but there's a separate volume for games, you tube, etc. If I have the ringer on silent, I want everything silent. Is there an easier way to do this than flip through multiple settings?

Email frequency - I don't need my email updated every hour. Daily, or manual request would be much better, since it saves on battery and I don't need to hear notifications for spam at night. Is there a tweak for more options?

Multitouch - I know the hardware is capable, and some of the other Android phones have hacks for this. Is this possible on the Moment yet? Is there a way to install Sense UI to make this happen?

Variable CPU Speed - Its possible to throttle CPU depending on usage (for battery savings) on the Pre, are there any hacks for the Moment for this?

Best Task Killer - There's several out there, any favorites?

Misc - Any great tweaks, apps, or secrets I might not have read about yet?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

robbies7897

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
1. Maybe you should look in the profiles and see if there are any preset settings?
2. You should be able to adjust the E-mail polling (to some degree, I believe) from every 15 minutes or so to an hour, but I'm not too sure there.
3. The phone is capable, but my best guess is to try and wait out the Android 2.1 update, whenever Sprint can unleash it upon us lol.
4. I don't think changing the CPU speed is possible.
5. I've heard a lot about Advanced Task Killer. Might want to look it up!

I'm not sure how well I could answer any of these (I don't have the phone yet lol), but if I did any correctly please let me know! Good luck!

Brat

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Silence All - Hold the power/off button and the option for silent mode (sound off) will be there.

Email frequency - I wasn't able to find preset frequency options.

Task Killer - I use Advanced Task Killer. Its the best one that I've tried.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
Since the only one that hasn't been answered is email frequency:

Go into the email account, then choose menu, account settings.
Email frequency options are:
None (manual)
hour

Hope that helps (and I use Advanced Task Killer as well).

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys.

Though it is still a useful trick, since I didn't know about it before, holding down the power button turns off the ringer volume, but not the media volume. Its not that big of a deal, just a little annoying to change 2 settings.

I'll check out Advanced Task Killer since that seems to be the consensus.

I'm really hoping Android 2.1 brings multitouch. That would be great.

Kungfubhuda

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
For anyone else who has been annoyed with the various volume controls, I stumbled across a free app called "Volume Control". It gives you access to everything in one convenient spot. I highly recommend it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
For anyone else who has been annoyed with the various volume controls, I stumbled across a free app called "Volume Control". It gives you access to everything in one convenient spot. I highly recommend it.

There are 3 apps called Volume Control. Which developer/app did you choose?

jeremylobaugh

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I use quick profiles, it lets you set independent volumes for every profile you define...works great.

CPU throttling can be achieved, however, you need a rooted moment, and you have to adjust the speed manually, there are widgets out there to help with this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463