Mondeo headunits radio

May 2, 2022
Visit site
Hi.

When my headunit starts up, the radio is always on and I can't find a way to turn it off. I would turn the sound down but I use an app in the background which I need the sound on for. Would I need to root it and remove the radio app? I've looked in android settings for the radio and there is no uninstall and the FORCE STOP button does nothing.

I don't know the make and model of the head unit but here are some specs.

Android 10
RK3399
64Gb ROM
4Gb RAM
8 core cortex processor

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Some radios will remember the Bluetooth source setting when you turn it off, others won't.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to fix this and just get use to turning the volume down before turning it off, which is what I have to do in my work truck (a non-Android radio, btw). Rooting is likely out of the question because Android radios are made by no-name manufacturers of questionable reputation, so there's no demand for finding a root exploit unless you are willing to do all the work yourself. That's not something your average user can do. Even if successful, deleting the radio app could cause problems with it working at all. And if that happens and unable to make a backup of the app prior, now you may be left with a completely bricked unit.