More Everything Plan Costs More

JDA54669

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm on an old plan, 700 Nationwide or something like that, with 5 phones. I've got 3 usable upgrades and I'm ready to do some upgrading. Currently there are 2 smart phones and 3 basic on my plan. I need to upgrade the 2 smart phones and one of the basic to a smart phone, or just upgrade the 2 smart phones.

So, anyway I look at this new More Everything plan it costs more than sticking with the 700 plan. With or without using Edge.

I know More Everything has some advantages like unlimited minutes but that's not a concern.

My question is, does this seem to be the consensus? Or an I missing something here? There is no incentive for me to switch to the new plan that I can see.

Posted via Android Central App

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no consensus, it depends on your use case. Though generally, if you have a lot of dumb phones like you do then the legacy plans are cheaper

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm on an old plan, 700 Nationwide or something like that, with 5 phones. I've got 3 usable upgrades and I'm ready to do some upgrading. Currently there are 2 smart phones and 3 basic on my plan. I need to upgrade the 2 smart phones and one of the basic to a smart phone, or just upgrade the 2 smart phones.

So, anyway I look at this new More Everything plan it costs more than sticking with the 700 plan. With or without using Edge.

I know More Everything has some advantages like unlimited minutes but that's not a concern.

My question is, does this seem to be the consensus? Or an I missing something here? There is no incentive for me to switch to the new plan that I can see.

What do you pay now? How much data do your phones user now?

If your not ring to keep an unlimited plan I would probably go with more everything with the 10gb. This gives you the $25 discount for edge or bring your own devices. I would do edge for all the new phones.

AgentDecoy

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
This is the same situation my family has been in. We have 2 smart phones and 3 basic lines. We don't come close to our minutes allowance, so unlimited isn't helpful. I've done the math time and time again. It is really hard to get the math to work out to your advantage unless you go full force with the Edge program.

JDA54669

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
I pay 173 for my 3 basic and 2 smart phones not counting tax, fees, insurance. Each smart phone has 2GB.

Putting all these on More everything with 4GB and my discount on the data is 197.

Upgrading the 2 smart phones on Edge at 27 each, and 10 GB, it comes out to 209.

Turns out I can't use the upgrades that I wanted to due to the fact that they are from basic phones. So I have to switch to Edge or pay thru the nose for the phones. I feel it will only get worse or harder to stay on these legacy plans so I'm switching. I'll end up paying $36 more than I am now but more data and those other benefits of the More plan

redsandvb

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ask and see if the $10 discount for basic phones on More Everything is still available. About a month ago we switched to ME with two basic and one smartphone + 2GB data because the $10 discount actually made it cheaper for us.

nteeman

May 22, 2012
Visit site
While trying to convince me to give up my unlimited plan on my line, the in store Verizon rep did the math (I have 4 smartphones and one basic) and the one basic changed from $9.99 a month to $30 a month. Needless to say the total came out to be mare costly for the More Everything Plan. The rep put down his pencil and said I would save more if I stayed on my Family Share plan as is.
More Everything means more $$$ for less data.

JDA54669

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Ask and see if the $10 discount for basic phones on More Everything is still available. About a month ago we switched to ME with two basic and one smartphone + 2GB data because the $10 discount actually made it cheaper for us.

I asked about this and they said it's already included. Now 20 vs 30. Or are you saying they had a deal for $10 per month for basic phones?