Most of my photos are GONE from my gallery listing all of the sudden

Skye Doerscher

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Just noticed that of my 3000+ photos that obvisouly needed backed up, there are now 67... And these are random not important photos. I am having a panic attack. Where did my photos go? Are they retrievable? I was going to get a backup done TONIGHT and they are GONE! It's a recent change - within the last week or 2 at most. WHERE DID THEY GO?!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Were they stored in internal memory or SD Card? If the latter, it might be that the card was damaged/corrupted. You might be able to retrieve them in a computer.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Were these all photos you took with your camera? Use My Files to look in the /DCIM/Camera directory -- do you see the actual photo files there?

Skye Doerscher

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Yes, they are all photos I took with my camera. Using My Files doesn't reveal them, either. Upon further digging last night, it seems it's only my photos that are gone. I have videos still present and downloaded photos/images still present. Like the camera folder is gone. I have photos from 1/6 through the present... All else are wiped. I'm pretty sure I did a system update around/on the 6th. I'm guessing that did it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you connect the phone to your computer, do the files show up there (if you select Show Hidden Files)? It MIGHT have been the cause, but system updates shouldn't wipe personal data folders :(