Moto 2014 X does it suffer from Burn in

Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey I'm considering getting a new phone for Christmas and I'm looking seriously into the Moto X 2014 second-generation. Coming from an iPhone they recommended this phone due to its simplicity and good specs and performance and fast updates . I'm a bit picky with my devices since I normally buy them off contract iam worried the Moto X has an Amoled display and since on my heavy user my concern is that it will burn in quickly

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
i haven't heard or seen anyone with any screen burn in. I never had it on my 2013 X either OR my Gnex for that. I feel as if screen burn is a thing of the past and shouldn't be a concern due to all the animation on (lollipop if you get a pure/Verizon) or even on JB...

raptir

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
There is a recent topic about this:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-x-2014/467567-does-moto-x-2014-have-screen-burn-issues.html

One user showed pictures of the screen burn in on his 2013 Moto X after about six months of use. He said it is really only visible if you intentionally look for it on a solid color screen.

The Moto X 2014 really hasn't been out long enough for anyone to have seen burn-in at this point, but it is a problem inherent to AMOLED technology. Most users won't see it because they won't be intentionally looking for it.