Moto 360 Bad battery!

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I've been reading around the forums, and I can't seam to figure out, what people are doing to get their 360 to last all day. Are you guys running any types of apps, different watch faces, or is it just stock like it came out of the box?

My battery seams to drain relatively fast, especially in the first 10%. I have had, a few apps installed, like facer, calendar, calculator, wear mini launcher, wear battery stats, blue colony, and a few others. I've uninstalled most of them, I still have calendar, calculator, wear battery, and wear mini launcher.

I took my watch, off the charge at 1630 and it is now 2135, as I write this, and my battery percent is at 68%. I have not really used it to much today. I checked wear battery stats, and it says that i am discharging at a rate of 6.24% an hour.
I have even done, a complete reset of the watch, and it still seams to have this issue. Am I missing something here? Do you think, that it could possibly just be a bad battery in the watch, should I think about replacing it with another one?

Sorry for the long post, any help would be greatly appreciated!

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
With your current rate, I estimate you'll end up with over 12 hours of life. Are you running 4.4W2? I get to 16 hours on a normal day with like 30% remaining, or about 14 hours to the single digits if I commute on my bike for like 2 hours. Seems like either the heart rate monitor is a heavy drain or Strava is that hit. You should try a day without the Wear Mini Launcher, see if the that's the killer, really you shouldn't be using your Wear as an app launcher, it's a notification platform.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you want to be more sure it's the battery acting up, put the watch in airplane mode, just wear as a watch, see what happens, report back

To be even extra sure, I'd reset the watch, then put on airplane

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies!

So far, I have uninstalled the mini launcher. All I have installed, is the calculator and the calendar. I did a reset this morning. I will, be taking the watch off the charger around 1630 for work tonight. I will report back with an update after work. (I am on 4.4W2 BTW)

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
What brightness setting do you use and do you have Ambient Screen set to On or Off?

Besides stock built-in apps, I have Browser, Calendar, Calculator, Find my Phone, Music Boss, Watchmaker, Wear Battery Stats and Wear Mini Launcher. So, I don't think Mini Launcher is your problem. With these apps installed, I usually get 20 to 24 hours of capacity per 100% charge. I either use Auto or Level 1 for Brightness.

Right now Wear Battery Stats says I've been off charger for 7:02 and I have 71% battery left, average discharge rate of 3.91% per hour. so right around 24 hour capacity. My Brightness setting today is on Auto and Ambient Screen is set On.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
What brightness setting do you use and do you have Ambient Screen set to On or Off?

Besides stock built-in apps, I have Browser, Calendar, Calculator, Find my Phone, Music Boss, Watchmaker, Wear Battery Stats and Wear Mini Launcher. So, I don't think Mini Launcher is your problem. With these apps installed, I usually get 20 to 24 hours of capacity per 100% charge. I either use Auto or Level 1 for Brightness.

Right now Wear Battery Stats says I've been off charger for 7:02 and I have 71% battery left, average discharge rate of 3.91% per hour. so right around 24 hour capacity. My Brightness setting today is on Auto and Ambient Screen is set On.
I have the ambient screen set to off.
I have the auto brightness on.

I have, had just about all of the same apps installed. I was getting horrible battery life. How is your first 10 percent? It seams like, I will loss 4 to 6 percent within 30 to 45 minutes of it being off the charger, and not using it.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the ambient screen set to off.
I have the auto brightness on.

I have, had just about all of the same apps installed. I was getting horrible battery life. How is your first 10 percent? It seams like, I will loss 4 to 6 percent within 30 to 45 minutes of it being off the charger, and not using it.

Here's my Wear Battery Stats graph for today. Since I left Ambient Screen set to On, my overall capacity today is trending slightly lower (than when I set Ambient Screen Off) at 19 to 20 hours total at rate of 5.04% per hour. I don't really check the battery remaining that often to know for sure, but I think my rate of decline is fairly even throughout the day. Looking at the graph today, it looks like the rate of decline was slightly less (took off charger around 7:30 AM) early on and then increased slightly after 12:00 noon.

Wear Battery Stats.png

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just a quick update, I took my watch off the charger around 1630, and it's now 2130. My battery is at 75 percent. I have not used it at all. I really think, that there is something wrong with this watch.... I will probably taking it back to Best Buy on Wednesday to exchange it.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update on my battery issue. It is now 0300, my watch has been off the charger for 10.5 hours. I currently have 52 percent. Today, has been the best battery life since I got it.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
5 hours with 75 percent left is a 20 hour pace. 10.5 hours with 52 percent left is 21.9 hour pace. These results are pretty much in line with what I get. If today is better, then try adding back some of the apps you had one day at a time and see if any of them adversely impacts your battery life. When did you first purchase the watch? It does take a few days for the battery life to normalize when new.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to give an update on my battery issue. It is now 0300, my watch has been off the charger for 10.5 hours. I currently have 52 percent. Today, has been the best battery life since I got it.

with nothing on the watch, and not being used much, to me and compared to my watch, you should have more juice after 10.5 hours

if it's not problem to exchange, and you're still in the time frame allowed, I'd just exchange it

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The only app I use is Facer and since the latest update I am at about 35% after an 18 hour day.

Posted via the Android Central App

korrysvk

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. Is this normal? I charged it for the third time already, its dramatically draining the battery. Do I have to ask for refund/change or it can be repaired somehow? Because if I use it, it drains about 3 % in 5 minutes and when I don't use it, it drains about 3 % in 30 minutes. They say that it can reach 24 hours usually, mine can hardly reach 10 hours. Thanks for help.

Attachments

• 2014-12-25-18-43-23.jpg
    2014-12-25-18-43-23.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 25
Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys. Is this normal? I charged it for the third time already, its dramatically draining the battery. Do I have to ask for refund/change or it can be repaired somehow? Because if I use it, it drains about 3 % in 5 minutes and when I don't use it, it drains about 3 % in 30 minutes. They say that it can reach 24 hours usually, mine can hardly reach 10 hours. Thanks for help.

I had Tracker ID and that Watch face installed and they were draining my battery like crazy. I suggest uninstalling those and see how the battery life goes from there

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site

You've got a lot of app activity going on. Play Music app and Maps will drain battery if active constantly. I don't know what the silver circular app icon is. Since the latest update of Android Wear now has battery data, I no longer use Wear Battery Stats app. Also, since the latest update, there is now a setting in Android Wear where you can turn off the Tilt to Wake Screen option or put the watch in Theater Mode, either of these settings will reduce your screen on time and should improve your battery life significantly.