Moto G 4G Bricked

charliesutton11

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi, so I have a Moto G 4G and recently I tried flashing Cyanogen Mod 12 onto it. I also used TWRP to flash it onto the phone however I didn't boot that into recovery I just put it in the normal boot mode. So the flashing went fine and I put it on the phone however afterwards when I tried going onto reboot phone from TWRP it came up with the Motorola unlocked bootloader normal startup for about a quarter of a second then was redirected to the fastboot menu with 'Fastboot reason: fall-through from normal boot mode' I tried selecting 'Normal powerup' but this resulted with the returned text 'Boot up failed'. The only things that I could go on were 'Barcodes' and 'Recovery' in recovery I tried to reset it and wipe it from there but this still resulted in 'Boot up failed' when I tried to turn it on. So I took it to the shop and a few days later they phoned saying that they couldn't fix it and that I must have messed up the motherboard as they had tried replacing everything that might be causing the issue. And I do NOT want to pay for basically 75% of the phone. So I went and picked it up and when I turned it on it had the original cyan 'M' and below it 'Motorola a Google company'. It stayed on this screen for 15-20 seconds then rebooted itself. I went into the fastboot menu and when I went on 'Recovery' it came up with 'Boot up failed' again but this time it was on recovery and not on any of the others, if I go on any of the other options except barcodes they all just get caught up in a boot loop again and the computer can detect the phone when it's in fastboot but its in 'Unspecified devices' and is not accessible.

jacob114489

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
I've bricked the moto g a few times, and freaked out the first time, but its bit too hard to fix. Go here showthread.php?t=2542219 I cannot post links so just lookup an article on xda and replace that link with this one.

When you get to the flashing part, I had to take off the m before every command or it would not work. (That's the 3b) part.) Let me know if you need anymore help.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen