Moto G6 Plus - "sleep screen" clock stuck as analogue

TerribleWithPhones

Jul 22, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

The clock on my Moto G6 Plus has suddenly changed from digital and analogue and I cannot get it to go back. This happened two days ago seemingly by itself and I have not installed any new apps or made any changes, however auto updates are enabled. I have been in and around all of my settings, anything relating to a clock or lock screen is set to digital, I have tried changing to analogue and back to digital but the issue remains, I have also force stopped some apps to see if they are the culprit so far no culprit has been identified.

I'm not really sure where to go from here, searching Google and Youtube gives results for the lock screen clock. My lock screen clock is working fine and as intended, the clock I am having issue with is the one which appears once the phone is locked and on a black screen, it can be viewed by picking up and moving the phone without pressing any buttons.

I'm hoping you guys have some advice on how to solve what should have been a simple issue.

• Moto G6 Plus
  • Android 9.0

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That clock is part of the Moto/Peek Display. Open the Moto app and see if you can find an option there to change it.

TerribleWithPhones

Jul 22, 2019
Visit site
Thanks so much that was it, no idea how the change happened. I have checked my app update history and the Moto app is coming up on almost a year since the last update.

Thank you both for the help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much that was it, no idea how the change happened. I have checked my app update history and the Moto app is coming up on almost a year since the last update.

Thank you both for the help.
Excellent. Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up. See you around the forums.