Moto posts full Xoom specs

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
And now I think I know the plan: release the 3G-only version right away to make Verizon happy and while the Xoom is the only Honeycomb tablet on the market. Then, when other Honeycomb tablets start coming out later in the Spring, they can release the wifi-only version to be best positioned.

Actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
And now I think I know the plan: release the 3G-only version right away to make Verizon happy and while the Xoom is the only Honeycomb tablet on the market. Then, when other Honeycomb tablets start coming out later in the Spring, they can release the wifi-only version to be best positioned.

Actually makes a lot of sense to me.

Didn't think of that before, but you're right, I think that makes a lot of logistical sense for both Motorola and for their potential buyers as well. Then again, I also suspect Motorola has some sort of agreement with Verizon at least in the short term which might affect when/how they release the WiFi only version.

Maikai.Guy

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Really disappointed with the USB

I could have sworn I read the XOOM could act as host... thereby allowing a USB key to be used in MSD class.

Man.... they got everything right, except that. How hard would it have been to include a host? It could have been OTG, or dual macros sharing a common interface.

So many people I deal with in meetings hand me a key and ask me for presentations or particularly sensitive files. The actual point is to avoid transmission over the internet. "Sneaker security" if you will.

I guess I could carry a few keys with everything and monitor that they only copy what I want them to have from the key. I don't know... this sucks.

Such a little thing throws a monkey wrench into the gears.