Moto X 2014 Eh.. Lag?!

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got my pure edition. I am experiencing terrible lag when scrolling - most noticeable in Chrome. I switched to ART with no change. Something is definitely not right. I never experienced ANY lag on my N5.

Anybody know what may be happening?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Eh.. Lag?!

Do you have the Reduce Data Usage setting on or off? I wonder if turning it on might make scrolling a bit choppier, since you're depending on the server to compress the page first.

You could also consider turning Javascript off, but that has never impacted Chrome on my Nexus 5.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

I have noticed the same thing in Chrome. On a big page I can slide my finger down the screen and remove it before the screen even moves. When scrolling slower it goes in jerks so you can't read as you slowly pull it down, but have to stop reading to move it bit by bit. It's very annoying. I've only had it a few days and don't know if it started out this way. Maybe it's one of my apps causing it?

Funny thing though, once while messing with it, it suddenly went smooth for a few seconds, long enough to see that the scrolling was spot on with the text gliding easily, but then it went back jerky again.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlackLS3

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

My issue was the result of the LastPass app. I uninstalled the app and the lag disappeared. I re-installed it afterwards and the lag has not returned, so I'm not sure exactly what it was. Either way, I do not see lag anymore.

Rarry

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

Wow thanks, you've fixed it for me I think. Uninstalled Lastpass and the scrolling is all good. Nice one, saved me doing a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xenomorf