Moto X Pure Air Wake Up Disable??

tattoogunman

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
My wife and I switched phones and now I am stuck with her Moto X Pure. I hate the air wake up feature (where every time a speck of dust happens to float within a foot of the phone it wakes it up - that feature) and I cannot find any way to turn it off. Is there a way to disable it?? I've tried looking under accessibility, the various Moto apps, etc. and there are no options to turn this off. Anything I can find online is dated (from like 2015) and I'm not sure if Lenovo/Motorolla simply decided that this could not be disabled, etc.

Also, is there no way to remove the Google Assistant bar from the top of the screen? I thought it was a widget, but I guess not.

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure about the X Pure but in more recent Moto devices that feature is called Moto Display and it can be disabled in the Moto app.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Mmmmm. The Moto app is disabled, I wonder if Moto Display is enabled by default even then. I'd enable it back and make sure that Moto Display is switched off.

tattoogunman

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
Mmmmm. The Moto app is disabled, I wonder if Moto Display is enabled by default even then. I'd enable it back and make sure that Moto Display is switched off.

See my previous (forgot these needed to be moderated). I updated the app and made sure it was enabled - doing that allowed me to get to the option to turn it off :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Also, is there no way to remove the Google Assistant bar from the top of the screen? I thought it was a widget, but I guess not.

Thanks!

You mean the Google search bar, right? If you don't get the option to remove it after a long press you'll need a custom launcher for that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Never mind - I got it figured out. I updated the existing Moto app that was on my wife's phone (making sure that it was enabled) and the option to turn this off appeared. Thanks for your help!
We posted at the same time :) Excellent! Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.

tattoogunman

Jul 24, 2017
Visit site
You mean the Google search bar, right? If you don't get the option to remove it after a long press you'll need a custom launcher for that.

Yes, that one. From what I can tell, the only way you can get it off is if you have the device rooted, etc. I'm not sure why it's not just a widget like any other device I've played with - oh well.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
You don't need to root, a custom launcher like Nova can remove that widget from the home screen.
Yes, that one. From what I can tell, the only way you can get it off is if you have the device rooted, etc. I'm not sure why it's not just a widget like any other device I've played with - oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201