Moto X Pure Edition: To buy or not to buy?

VAYinzer

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Should I wait?

Thanks for all the great advise. I did buy the new Moto X PE - white with bamboo back. Love it and like most, couldn't be more satisfied.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for all the great advise. I did buy the new Moto X PE - white with bamboo back. Love it and like most, couldn't be more satisfied.

Yeah there's always some new phone due out. If you wait for that perfect phone, you'll always be waiting for it.

kuffcakes

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I keep debating over the MXPE and the 6P. I am looking for a phone I can hang onto for a couple of years. I am currently using the Lumia 1520, which I have owned for over 2 years now. Ready to go to Android.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

I keep debating over the MXPE and the 6P. I am looking for a phone I can hang onto for a couple of years. I am currently using the Lumia 1520, which I have owned for over 2 years now. Ready to go to Android.

Those are the two I had at the top of my list. I went with the MXPE for the lower cost and Moto enhancements. The new Google Live Cases are an interesting alternative to the MotoMaker options if you like customizing. The (relatively) quick Android updates are another consideration for long-term ownership.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I trialed both for 2 weeks before sending the 6p back. The MXP is a tad smaller yet same screen size. The MXP speakers sounded just a bit better, more richer sound. Also for me anyway the 6p was less comfortable to hold while on longer calls. I Like the curved back of the MXP better. Then the price difference sealed the deal and I sent the 6p back. Also found I actually prefer the LCD display over the AMOLED which seemed to pop to much, a personal preference anyway. I plan on hanging onto this one for a couple years as long as it continues to work as well as it has so far.

kuffcakes

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I trialed both for 2 weeks before sending the 6p back. The MXP is a tad smaller yet same screen size. The MXP speakers sounded just a bit better, more richer sound. Also for me anyway the 6p was less comfortable to hold while on longer calls. I Like the curved back of the MXP better. Then the price difference sealed the deal and I sent the 6p back. Also found I actually prefer the LCD display over the AMOLED which seemed to pop to much, a personal preference anyway. I plan on hanging onto this one for a couple years as long as it continues to work as well as it has so far.

Those are the two I had at the top of my list. I went with the MXPE for the lower cost and Moto enhancements. The new Google Live Cases are an interesting alternative to the MotoMaker options if you like customizing. The (relatively) quick Android updates are another consideration for long-term ownership.

Thanks for the information. Both phones have good reviews so it comes down to the price of the MXPE or updates from Google for the 6P.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, HTC 10 or MXPE?

Considering the price difference, I would say go with mxpe! It's smooth most of the time, had a good screen and speakers, and is totally usable in one hand because of the curved back. The one drawback is the mediocre battery life, but it charges super fast so it isn't as much of a concern.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(4054009)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Having just made the switch from a 6P to the mxpe I'm keeping the mxpe. Screen is much better outdoors, as others posted easier to hold,
If I don't look at the about phone settings then I don't know what update I'm on so then no problem. The real problem for me is losing the fingerprint sensor, even though using it on the 6P was somewhat awkward compared to front sided sensors, again IMHO. My S7 and iphone are the best . Having it makes using a phone so much easier.

Last edited: