Moto X: Touchless Controls is Being Weird

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I try to use "Navigate to Home" or "Navigate to Work". It never works. I have to say the full name of my college to get Touchless controls to navigate there. To get it to navigate home? Forget about it. I say the street of my house along with the city and state and it still won't work. This is my most frustrating issue with the Moto X. Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Touchless Controls is Being Weird

Touchless Control doesn't actually have any features like that It just conveys commands to Google Now. So I would make sure Google Now has your Home and Work established. I have to admit some of the features for Google Now have been hit or miss that last month for me also.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Touchless Controls is Being Weird

Touchless Control doesn't actually have any features like that It just conveys commands to Google Now. So I would make sure Google Now has your Home and Work established. I have to admit some of the features for Google Now have been hit or miss that last month for me also.

It does have my Home and Work, which is the puzzling part.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with that after upgrading to KitKat. It seems to be a common bug. I eventually got it to work, by repeatedly clearing caches and giving google permissions. After it started working again, I removed most of those permissions, and it still works. It seems to be a flaky bug.

You can find my saga in another thread.

SandmanATHF

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
I never have troubles with it, but I always say, "Okay Google now...Take me home" I have never tried saying navigate to home.

Posted via Android Central App

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I had a lot of trouble with that after upgrading to KitKat. It seems to be a common bug. I eventually got it to work, by repeatedly clearing caches and giving google permissions. After it started working again, I removed most of those permissions, and it still works. It seems to be a flaky bug.

You can find my saga in another thread.

Explain to me want you did step by step.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I never have troubles with it, but I always say, "Okay Google now...Take me home" I have never tried saying navigate to home.

Navigate to home worked since I got it. Its only recently in the past month or so it hasn't worked.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I turned off touchless controls completely. I don't really use google now, and found touchless controls never would recognize my voice when I needed it to. Just more consistent to pick the phone up and do the deed myself.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I turned off touchless controls completely. I don't really use google now, and found touchless controls never would recognize my voice when I needed it to. Just more consistent to pick the phone up and do the deed myself.

Touchless Controls is invaluable while driving though.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Fixed it! Cleared data and uninstalled updates on search, maps, Touchless controls, and Motorola Contextual Services. Messed with Google Search settings and now it works!

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Touchless Controls is invaluable while driving though.

Already have uconnect in my challenger so I have full access to music and calls through bluetooth with it.

Texts and emails can wait, and if I need gps, I will pull over and setup the car cradle.

That's just me.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Already have uconnect in my challenger so I have full access to music and calls through bluetooth with it.

Texts and emails can wait, and if I need gps, I will pull over and setup the car cradle.

That's just me.

When you are on the road and unaware whether there is traffic or construction or an accident, a quick
"OK Google Now show traffic/navigate to " helps out tremendously with no hands on at all. Also, my care and phone can't connect as it's a iPhone only system (have a used car and was installed by someone else). If anything I'll get a car dock soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraC