MotoMaker Orders! Delays

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to keep it simple, I order my moto x on Nov 11, I still waiting for the phone... No straight answer from Motorola on when I could receive it! Mine was cognac leather, black front, silver trim, 32gb, engraved! Have anyone experience delays?

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to keep it simple, I order my moto x on Nov 11, I still waiting for the phone... No straight answer from Motorola on when I could receive it! Mine was cognac leather, black front, silver trim, 32gb, engraved! Have anyone experience delays?

Sorry to hear about the trouble. What version did you get such as carrier model or Pure Edition? And what size? I ordered a 32 GB Pure Edition with black leather back and engraving very late this past Monday night. It shipped early yesterday morning and is scheduled to be here on Monday. So maybe there was a mess up in their system and your order is stuck in limbo. Maybe they can cancel it for you and you can place a new one? I haven't heard anyone else mention significant delays like that.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the trouble. What version did you get such as carrier model or Pure Edition? And what size? I ordered a 32 GB Pure Edition with black leather back and engraving very late this past Monday night. It shipped early yesterday morning and is scheduled to be here on Monday. So maybe there was a mess up in their system and your order is stuck in limbo. Maybe they can cancel it for you and you can place a new one? I haven't heard anyone else mention significant delays like that.

It is a Verizon one, 32gb. Black front, silver trim and cognac leather with engraving! I ask to get the order cancel but they told me they can't. I have to wait to get it and then returned. So no luck that way, at least that is what I was told!

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just receive my Moto X Cyber Monday phone this morning! I was so surprised! I order it in all white/white/silver trim 32GB too! Just in shock since I going to open it for Christmas! It like 3 days! It was from Fort Woth, TX.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
I just receive my Moto X Cyber Monday phone this morning! I was so surprised! I order it in all white/white/silver trim 32GB too! Just in shock since I going to open it for Christmas! It like 3 days! It was from Fort Woth, TX.

I haven't look hard for people having such luck like mine but reading other threads here almost everyone states they get theirs phone on or before the ETA!

ougrad1

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a pure walnut 32gb last night using the Black Friday coupon too and it says delivery on/by dec 12. I live in Dallas so we will see if I get it sooner given FT worth is so close.

Bobman

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

Yours shipped from Texas? Mine is on its way from China. Pure, black leather, black, blue trim 32GB

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I ordered a pure walnut 32gb last night using the Black Friday coupon too and it says delivery on/by dec 12. I live in Dallas so we will see if I get it sooner given FT worth is so close.

The Fort Worth factory is no more. Anything remaining of it is getting ready to close the doors permanently. The phones are coming from China.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
If you're ready to be done with Motorola you can contact your credit card company and de-authorize any charges they may try to make. If they've already charged your card -- something by law they shouldn't do until they ship your product -- you can get the charge reversed.

Alternatively, you can try to escalate to supervisors at Moto and threaten the above if they don't ship your phone by a date certain. Be nice about it, but be firm. You have a right to be angry about the situation even if you temper your anger with the person on the phone. By Moto's logic, you can never cancel your order even if it takes a year or more -- that's BS. At some point you have a right to withdraw your offer to purchase - withdrawing credit card authorization is your method for doing so.

...adding, I don't know how VZW fits into this w/r/t contract extension, upgrade rights etc. Getting your upgrade rights back could complicate things.

Snake Griffin

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
What the guy above me said. The fact that it hasn't shipped yet is sort of ridiculous since others have managed to order and receive theirs.

Posted via Android Central App

YarisT8

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
The order says Dec 16 shipped. Is anyone seeing an incorrect in sales tax? My area is 8%, however motorola is charging me 10%? WTF? Thanks in advance.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that info, Obviously Moto already charge my CC, I also pay full retail price. Yesterday I told the lady on the other side of the line that I had a code from Cyber Monday and that I want that apply to my order, I told her that was a just discount for the problem. Well all they say is that they understand and that I would receive a call later, but the call never came in, so if by noon today I haven't receive a call I'll be calling them again and working out your advice.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
The Fort Worth factory is no more. Anything remaining of it is getting ready to close the doors permanently. The phones are coming from China.

I was told my device was been build on TX, so I wonder if they are on the process to scale down and closing and my order is on the limbo!

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I hate to be adding salt to the wounds but figured I'd provide an update regarding my previously mentioned order. When ordered, projected delivery date was December 11th. It then shipped a few days ago and FedEx had a delivery date of this coming Monday. But instead, it was just delivered about a half hour ago. I really think you need to get the charge disputed and reversed if Moto is keeping you in limbo this long. Then, just place a new order with the Cyber Monday code and see what happens.

This actually happened to me two or so years ago from the Play Store with a Nexus 4 bumper case. It even got to the point where they claimed it was shipped, sent me a tracking number, but it never left their warehouse. After placing a separate new order and having that one delivered on time, I disputed with them for a while to get a refund on my original order. They didn't give it to me until I eventually filed a BBB complaint. I hated having to do it because I've generally always gotten great service from Google and the Play Store specifically. But I didn't have many options.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Not a lawyer so happy to be corrected if wrong, but my understanding is companies cannot (or should not) collect payment for consumer merchandise until the product(s) have been shipped to the consumer. They can place a hold for the amount against your credit line pending shipment, but actual charge shouldn't be completed until shipment. In any event, you ought to notify your credit card company of this situation if for no other reason than to find out the process for rescinding the payment and get the issue on record. Again, not a lawyer, but there could be a timeliness issue if you wait too long to dispute the charge. Better safe than sorry.

If you still want a Moto X, I suggest placing a new order with your promo code. If you can, use a different credit card for the purchase just to keep this order separate. If your original order ever gets delivered you can just return it for a refund (if you haven't already rescinded the payment).

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Not a lawyer so happy to be corrected if wrong, but my understanding is companies cannot (or should not) collect payment for consumer merchandise until the product(s) have been shipped to the consumer. They can place a hold for the amount against your credit line pending shipment, but actual charge shouldn't be completed until shipment. In any event, you ought to notify your credit card company of this situation if for no other reason than to find out the process for rescinding the payment and get the issue on record. Again, not a lawyer, but there could be a timeliness issue if you wait too long to dispute the charge. Better safe than sorry.

If you still want a Moto X, I suggest placing a new order with your promo code. If you can, use a different credit card for the purchase just to keep this order separate. If your original order ever gets delivered you can just return it for a refund (if you haven't already rescinded the payment).

Moto was suppose to call me before noon and I haven't got a call, I'll be calling them in few. I also put a charge/payment dispute with my CC already to see how that goes.

Dojam

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Here is the update for tonight... File charge dispute with my CC. File a complaint with BBB. Called Moto around 12:30 pm, again they can't tell me what exactly has happened nor why haven't ship. All they do is apologize, escalated the incident to what I assume its the higher level, they offer me a free accessory(headset which I don't need cause I have a Bose headset/charger which I have plenty of them/hula bumper, but they don't have the color I wanted) So it goes along with that the so call Order Administrator will review the case and will be contact me between 24-48 hours(they don't work weekends, so it wont be before Tuesday) Then later I receive a call from the guy that promise call me last night, again same excuses but not really a reason of why the delay. I made my demands so let see what happens by Monday. On the other side , the CC charge dispute take some time and with the Holiday purchases I can't put he extra amount of buying another phone and having to wait for the long process and getting the refund or finally receive the device and having to send it back. Also my daughter want the same phone which make me wary, so weighing if I buy it for Christmas or wait til next year.

Last edited:

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got my ship notice and fedex picked it up in china. Says it won't be here till wednesday. My nexus 6 came next day from china I wish it could be here tomorrow. Only time will tell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius