Motorola Media Link

xucardsfan08

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Has anybody else had problems with their bloated software for the Droid.
I'm trying to put some more music on my Droid but this sh!tty software is preventing me from doing anything. It uses up over 300mb of memory in idle and freezes before I can sync to my phone.

G

GenericMessage

I removed ML, its pretty crap-tastic.

I just use drag and drop

rip14

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have never used the media link.

I agree with GM. Just drag and drop. Or, pop your memory card out and stick it in an adapter and do it that way.

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i disagree, MML works great and because of it I have my itunes playlists on my droid. cant do that with drag and drop. you have to manually setup playlists on the phone which could take hours on end with thousands of songs.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm having major problems with MML now. When it works, it is great. But lately it crashes during a sync. I uninstalled then reinstalled the software. Now, it runs but is hidden in the background. I force it to quit then restart and it does the same thing. I get a quick pop-up for an error, but it disappears so fast that there is no way to read it to identify the problem.

I've installed DoubleTwist now. But, it does not natively handle the podcasts from I-Tunes like MML. MML has great customization for music, podcasts (from I-tunes), photos and video.

DoubleTwist is more complicated. But, I may have to go that route. Anyone know if DoubleTwist will update to capture podcsats from I-Tunes. I realize that I could resubscribe to everything in DT, but what a pain that would be.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Holy christ what a slab of slug crap this software is. I was all excited when I saw the articles saying this software was updated. Finally id be able to use one program to sync my stuff. But NOOOOOOOOO! Loaded this up and it kicked my computers ***. I dont have the most expensive system but my computer is only a few months old and ML just CRAWLED! Every click took a few seconds to register and I was able to do nothing with this. Thank god I didn't sync my phone to it. Who knows how bad it would have screwed it up. Just trying to key in the settings took forever.

It seems one thing apple will always have on us is itunes. Yes its a bloated mass of program but it works. It works well and does everything right. Ive been trying for a long time to leave it as I havent used my ipod touch since I got my droid x but nothing comes close to it.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Update on my media travails. Doubletwist was a big bust. It takes forever and then does not always complete the sync. MML was a dream in comparison.

My latest method is to continue to use I-Tunes for podcast management. I then import everything into Windows Media Player (WMP). WMP identifies and syncs with my Droid. It is quick and efficient. It even removes media from my Droid after it is deleted from I-Tunes.

Until Google decides to provide an effective media management option, this will have to do.

Any other suggestions for simpler management.

On a side note, I do miss that MML also syncs photos and videos. I haven't found a solution for that yet.

albokay

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Update on my media travails. Doubletwist was a big bust. It takes forever and then does not always complete the sync. MML was a dream in comparison.

My latest method is to continue to use I-Tunes for podcast management. I then import everything into Windows Media Player (WMP). WMP identifies and syncs with my Droid. It is quick and efficient. It even removes media from my Droid after it is deleted from I-Tunes.

Until Google decides to provide an effective media management option, this will have to do.

Any other suggestions for simpler management.

On a side note, I do miss that MML also syncs photos and videos. I haven't found a solution for that yet.

The latest update to doubletwist seemed to fix a lot of the slowness problems. Plus does video and photos. Have you upgraded?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The latest update to doubletwist seemed to fix a lot of the slowness problems. Plus does video and photos. Have you upgraded?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The latest update as of when? I tried it in September (for about the 3rd time). It was worthless. DoubleTwist is the most over-hyped program out there. It has never worked well, yet continues to get good reviews from the review writers. I think they are reviewing the potential rather than the performance. A quick perusal of the forums will find mounds of problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlondIffy