Motorola Moto X Pure Edition FAQ

bholt6

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
According to the "My Stuff" page when you're logged in to Motorola, unlocking the bootloader may very well void the warranty. I didn't check it prior to unlocking it, but it definitely says out of warranty now.

ShadyMouse

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Where the hell is Motorola?! This is simple YES or NO question. Saying Yes will probably anger a very large community of people who like to unlock their phones (Myself) and might tempt people to ask for a refund. The new Nexus is around the corner as well, wouldn't be the smartest move on their part.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Where the hell is Motorola?! This is simple YES or NO question. Saying Yes will probably anger a very large community of people who like to unlock their phones (Myself) and might tempt people to ask for a refund. The new Nexus is around the corner as well, wouldn't be the smartest move on their part.
Someone on xda said Matt on the official forums confirmed you're still under warranty. I haven't been able to find that post yet.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that!
I hear the bootloader can also be unlocked, I guest its time to order one This is good news!:-*

If you have a problem you can go to a Verizon CORPORATE store, not a kiosk or franchise, and they will give you a new sim free of charge according to VZ customer service. If they give you a hard time call VZ customer service and report it. They will probably send you a new sim. They should not put you on an new contract but may sell you a usage plan, month to month. My wife and I share 3GB of data, mostly use wifi at home.

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't find mute for ringers and notifications. Anyone know how to do this?
It's done quite poorly in this version of Android. The next one is said to fix it but what I do is use the volume rocker to put the phone on vibrate and then tap the star icon for priority notifications. You must make sure to go and adjust your priority settings so that you only get the notifications you want.

You can also select the none option however you will not get alarms or calendar notifications.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

luckas

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
My Moto Style doesn't show on the top when I get a new message from whats app, it appears just the icon of the app. I think it could show "message from -name of person-". How can I change it?!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
VoLTE works on Verizon. Needs Advanced Calling 1.0 enabled on the line then Enhanced 4G LTE enabled on the phone.

HD Voice does NOT work on AT&T. Seems as AT&T is enabling this on certain (usually branded) devices. You may not see the Enhanced 4G LTE option on the phone.

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I found my bumper case to not be brittle at all. A majority of bumper cases fit too tightly and damage your phone when attempting to remove them. The bumper case I received by Motorola has an ideal amount of flexibility and sizing that facilitates removal.

Last edited:

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What are the two slightly protruding metallic lines at the top and bottom of the face of the Moto X Pure? Do they do anything other than keep the glass from touching whatever you set it down on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781