Motorola Xoom Help App (Off-Market Install)

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I did a search but didn't see this covered... I was browsing the Motorola/Verizon Xoom User Guide tonight and saw that Motorola has created a Help app, but you have to get it from Motorola directly, as it's not in the Market.

You can get it from Get Help Center app

In order to install it, you first have to go to Settings > Applications and place a check next to "Unknown Sources" to permit applications to be installed from outside the Market. Be sure to clear the check after installing the Help App.

After reading about it, I wondered why Motorola didn't have the Help App pre-installed, but I supposed it's because the intent was this was to be a "stock" tablet with no customizations?

preview-video.png

preview-tips.png

Last edited:

thegunslinger1

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Great post for new users, I am also surprised they made this kinda hard to get to. I've been using an android phone for a few months, but this is great for someone who is unfamiliar with the whole droid experience.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Great post for new users, I am also surprised they made this kinda hard to get to. I've been using an android phone for a few months, but this is great for someone who is unfamiliar with the whole droid experience.
Thanks...

And apologies about the size of the images linked from Motorola's site... I can remove them if they are causing issues!

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the app and looked through it but my main reason for wanting it doesn't seem to be there. I was hoping since I opted to forgo a data plan and teather to my Inc for mobile data that when updates become available I could get them from there.

Drew2u

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I just did a comparison, and it looks like the content on the "Guide" tab of the Xoom Help App is straight from the Motorola/Verizon User Guide PDF I linked in the first post. Makes it very convenient to have the documentation on the go, but I'm still surprised Motorola didn't have this Help app pre-installed with the icon on the home screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds