moved apps to sd card but internal memory is still being eaten.

ksg97

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have the optimus v it comes with a small amount of internal storage so tp keep it running smoth move as many apps to the sd card as I can. The prolem is the internal memory doesn't Know this and it is shrinking rapidly. How do I remedy this situation? I have efile file manager if that'll help. Please anyone out there tell me what I'm doing wrong.

anon(141613)

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Two suggestions/facts.

Get an app called FastReboot from the Market...it kill will the running apps on your phone without having to power cycle it.

Moving apps to the card still leaves 30-70% of the app in internal memory, unless you root the phone and get an app like Titanium Backup which can move more to the card. These phones only have 160Mb of usable memory to store apps, and it can get eaten up in a hurry.

Last edited:

ksg97

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks should have mentioned I'm not rooted. I would root but don't wanna void the radio shack warrenty and/or ruin phone. Just added another daughter to my family (total 3) & $ is tight, plus no access to internet enabled pc. Maybe later this year I'll do it after I learn more about it. Yeah very small internal memory space.

Thanks toTVCCS

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waimopete