Movies in Android Market

aggie92

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I am having no luck getting movies that I've rented/purchased from the android market to play or download on my GT10. On the "My Rentals" page of "My Movies" I get the "There was a problem with the network[500]". Anyone having success with this and if so, do you have any ideas. I've already purged the app data/cache and restarted. This is a wifi only version.

childprime

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I had that message too. I was unable to stream a rented HD movie, so I chose to download and pin. The movie played fine until 15min from the end and then it would not continue (file corrupted? Not downloaded completely? Who knows). I had to unpin the movie and go watch on YouTube in 480p. I told Google what a crappy experience I had and got a full refund. I haven't tried again.

The quality of the movie, when it actually played, was great. This could eventually be awesome but in my opinion seems like a beta at present.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
In the past 2 weeks I have purchased and downloaded 6 movies and play them with no issues.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I rented a movie from the Market and downloaded to my Wifi 10.1 and it played just fine. Are you on the Wifi version? Might be a connection related issue when downloading/streaming? Just thinking out loud...

aggie92

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
All right, guys, after a month of having this problem kick my butt all over the internet, I've figured it out. First my problem: whenever I tried to watch movies that i had rented/purchased from the android market, the video app on my GT10.1 would tell me that I had a network problem and would not let me watch or download anything. I checked the apps, I checked my network, and I put tickets in with Google. Nothing. I use a Google Apps account as my primary google account on all of my devices and this proved to be the problem. I had never activated the You Tube service on my Google Apps domain admin sight and thus never "activated" my you tube account. Once I did that, signed in to You Tube, everything works excellent!

Hope this helps anyone else out there having this issue.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Billybouwer6