Moving From Blackberry

NNpF

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Tomorrow I will be going to pick up my very first non-Blackberry smartphone. It feels a little weird to be switching away from Blackberry but I've used the phones for so long and in my opinion they have changed very little since I first started using them. I've been watching everyone slowly lose their Blackberry's and switch to Android / iPhone devices and they are absolutely miles ahead of my Blackberry Torch.

I've sold my Torch and tomorrow I am going to pick up an HTC Evo 3D. I live in Canada and am in a contract with Rogers so my choices for phones were between the iPhone 4, Sony Xperia Arc, Google Nexus S and The HTC Evo 3D. I narrowed it down to the Arc and the Evo 3D and despite liking the aesthetics of the Arc better I absolutely loved everything else about the Evo 3D. I don't particularly care about the 3D but I feel like it will grow on me once I start using it, but everything just seem to run so smooth and the screen looked amazing.

So tomorrow I will be taking the plunge and switching over to an Android device. I know almost nothing about Android so I'm hoping to learn a bit from the website. I'm a little bit nervous about moving away from a phone I've been so comfortable with for so long, but Blackberry just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Wish me luck! :p

Carbide

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Tomorrow I will be going to pick up my very first non-Blackberry smartphone. It feels a little weird to be switching away from Blackberry but I've used the phones for so long and in my opinion they have changed very little since I first started using them. I've been watching everyone slowly lose their Blackberry's and switch to Android / iPhone devices and they are absolutely miles ahead of my Blackberry Torch.

I've sold my Torch and tomorrow I am going to pick up an HTC Evo 3D. I live in Canada and am in a contract with Rogers so my choices for phones were between the iPhone 4, Sony Xperia Arc, Google Nexus S and The HTC Evo 3D. I narrowed it down to the Arc and the Evo 3D and despite liking the aesthetics of the Arc better I absolutely loved everything else about the Evo 3D. I don't particularly care about the 3D but I feel like it will grow on me once I start using it, but everything just seem to run so smooth and the screen looked amazing.

So tomorrow I will be taking the plunge and switching over to an Android device. I know almost nothing about Android so I'm hoping to learn a bit from the website. I'm a little bit nervous about moving away from a phone I've been so comfortable with for so long, but Blackberry just doesn't cut it for me anymore. Wish me luck! :p
Hi Crescit,

I too came from BlackBerry and have not looked back since. I'll only say that I can't believe I waited so long. You will be very happy that you made the switch. Welcome to Android Central! There's a lot of good people here, just as you were used to over at CB. I've never had a warmer, fuzzier feeling about a phone than my Samsung Charge. But Android is what makes the phone really shine. Good luck, and report back when you can get the big grin wiped off enough to type :D

Bryan

judpma012

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
did the same thing you are going to do. Came from several BB's with the Bold being the last. Now have a TBolt....you will never go back once you go Android,,,,,enjoy

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and to your Eco. I came from BB. Had the Incredible and now the TB. I have not missed BB. I don't know how the carriers are in Canada bit also ask your corporate store about having someone go over the phone basics with you. Am sure they will as well as the fine people on this site. Enjoy

sent from my Thunderbolt

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterrekroesbergen