Moving jpg from a big sd card to the note pro?

Mike Adams2

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a usb card reader that has jpg on it but when I connect to the note pro and use es file explorer it say's failed to read. Any other way to do this? I take pics in customers home and want to transfer them to the pro when I am there.
Thanks mike

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how the card is formatted. FAT32? The phone should read it with an OTG cable. If it doesn't, the file could be corrupt. NTFS? Copy the file to a computer, format the card as FAT32 (or xFAT if it's a large card) and copy the file back to it. If you're using the crd in a camera, and it won't accept FAT-formatted cards, you're going to have a little learning curve to find something that will run on your Note and read the format of the card.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This. It might be a corrupt card or a file-format error. Android devices can only read FAT32 or ExFAT cards as NTFS is a MS-proprietary file system.

Mike Adams2

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a card reader for the note 10.1 and it reads it fine. I was thinking a usb 3.0 reader might work just not sure. I need to do this at a customers house so no computer available.
mike

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If your card reader is one of those all-in-one types I'd try a standard USB flash drive first (formatted in FAT32 or exFAT of course) and verify the OTG adapter you're using is compatible. If that works then perhaps its the reader. I've read a report somewhere where a user had issue with a multi-card reader and changing to a single card reader fixed it.

I would hate to recommend other equipment and it turns out to be some other issue but I currently use these two and they work fine:

Amazon.com: Smays Right Angle USB 3.0 Micro-B Male to USB 3.0 Female Host OTG Cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 N9002 N9000 -6.5Inch: Cell Phones & Accessories

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Inf...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4112829

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
victoriacruz