MS "OFFICE" APK 's and Printing

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to print from WORD or EXCEL directly to a WIFI or LAN based printer on their LAN?..... Have three printer APKS installed (all seem to work with non MS apks) and native GOOGLE printer Apk/handler, and MS WORD or EXCEL can not find a PRINTER, unless it prints to the "cloud" and then its a issued to get it printed locally from cloud...For all the wonderful thing "office" does it is a "DUD' for when it comes to printing.... So frustrated I am about to dump MS products....

Dale

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
On my tablet (Samsung 12.2 note), others have said that you have to pay for the subscription to office before anything prints. I haven't paid so I can't check that out. I use 'Printer Share' app to print everything else.

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I have on tablet...

Hammermill Print
PrintShare
PrintHand
Google- Cloud Print

Basically WORD and EXCEL want to print to a PDF, if I force it to "All Printers", I get "searching for printers" and that is it....

And "active apps" running indicate WORD and Print Spooler... So its trying to do something, but goes nowhere.... I would think if a subscription is required to print anything MS in its greed would be brash enough to make that statement....

Dale

dianehelen

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to print from WORD or EXCEL directly to a WIFI or LAN based printer on their LAN?..... Have three printer APKS installed (all seem to work with non MS apks) and native GOOGLE printer Apk/handler, and MS WORD or EXCEL can not find a PRINTER, unless it prints to the "cloud" and then its a issued to get it printed locally from cloud...For all the wonderful thing "office" does it is a "DUD' for when it comes to printing.... So frustrated I am about to dump MS products....

Dale

Ya, I gave up on all the MS stuff, I find Kingsoft much better, prints easily with PrinterShare and functions better then the MS stuff for the tablet

Dale_M

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
By going to Settings > More Networks > Printing, I was able to turn on Cloud Print and other printing services.... Why Is "Printing" hidden under ""More networks"?... It's not where I would expect to find it...

Dale

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MapleSyrup