Much love to the S10+!

Ste Young

Jan 5, 2017
Visit site
Yes and yes and YES!!

I cant explain it, but having received my S10+ in flashy Prism white I gotta say it s a very smart, smartphone.

I was a little anxious as I was 'changing up' from last Years S9+ which is still fabulous! Its been passed onto my wife to replace her S7.

Anyhoos. Physically side by side they ARE the same height to the eye with the S10+ appearing a tiny bit wider but there nothing in it. But more so the S10+ is noticeably lighter too which was a surprise.

Straight out of the box and before switching on the S10+ id wondered if I'd done the right thing as it didnt appear much different bar the S9+'s blue hue V Prism White.

However once (after a couple of hours) I managed to get it re-tooled with all my apps and screen layout I was able to appreciate the phone much more.

The screen is amazing. The 'cutout' for the front cameras is something I don't even notice (already!) . its a non-event. After all the YT vids out there discussing it, its a beautiful solution. Love the floating island look, way more appeasing to the eye than the notch. IMO.

The FPS has been much much better than I read/watched. I dont find it slow, its practically 100% accurate and after a couple of phone updates I hardly have to use much pressure now. The FPS is only setup on my 1 thumb but its been as good as the rear FPS on my S9+. Just love the fact its under the screen too.

I tried the powershare. Worked ok on my Gear S3 smartwatch although it was a little hit and miss as the powershare feature kept switching off after not detecting my gear S3 initially, however it did pump a few %'s of battery life into it eventually. Need to look at this more.

I've yet to try the gestures, the cameras (bar a few quick snaps).

Overall though, its pretty amazing. Sad to hear some are struggling with the FPS. Never good to hear that, I can only hope those issues get sorted quickly.

'IF' I have a gripe about the handset then its down to a few minor annoyances that really dont impact the way I feel about this phone but.....

1) Where has the ability to create Splitscreen app shortcuts gone ? I know I can create these on the edge panel, but its a shame that they cant be created as a shortcut on the screen too like I could in last years S9+

2) Similar to above, where are all the features gone during a splitscreen session ? The option to swap positions, top to bottom plus the others too? I'd read that Smasung had adopted Android Pie's take on splitscreen instead sticking with what it had been doing brilliantly itself. Shame.

3) I miss the haptic home button too of S9+. E.g. if in a app and come out, I've now gotta swipe up and hit the home button. Shame but can understand re the position of FPS.

4) Double tap to wake phone. Where before I could simply hit the haptic home button, I now have to double tap the screen to wake it up and then hit the FPS for access.

But I think thats it though, so far for complaints. So really not much. If anyone knows of any solutions or something I've missed. (Im still learning about the phone.) , then please let me know.

Anyhoos. I hope you're enjoying . looking forward to yours!!

Adios

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So far my experience has been very good also, just fps could be working a little better and a few features were lost or changed but I think part of that is not the phone itself but a android pie

The only other thing is I've had a couple of pocket calls and that never happens to me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781