multiple background images

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
i'm using an app so that I can have a different background image on each screen and trying to make titled backgrounds.

For example - Home page with a house icon and the word home, media with a music note icon, etc. I created one document 2400px x 800px (5 screens) so that they flow well from one to the next and sliced them up to 480 x 800 segments and assigned them to each screen, but the alignment and colors seem a little off from screen to screen. Not sure if the phone renders i weird.

are these the correct dimensions? what resolution should phone images be? has anyone done this before successfully (or unsuccessfully)?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i'm using an app so that I can have a different background image on each screen and trying to make titled backgrounds.

For example - Home page with a house icon and the word home, media with a music note icon, etc. I created one document 2400px x 800px (5 screens) so that they flow well from one to the next and sliced them up to 480 x 800 segments and assigned them to each screen, but the alignment and colors seem a little off from screen to screen. Not sure if the phone renders i weird.

are these the correct dimensions? what resolution should phone images be? has anyone done this before successfully (or unsuccessfully)?

first of all, neato.

second, remember the dock bar and the notification bar. they will change the image some. some launchers like launcher pro let you mess around with a little.

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
im using launcher pro..any idea what settings i should look out for? ill try doing the same on the stock launcher to see if it looks better or not

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
it was the image resolution if anyone else was trying..apparently my phone screen is 3x the dpi of my computer monitor =p looks good now at 265 dpi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevnew1