Multiple Users?

gijoecam

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I won a kindle fire in a raffle at work, so I know very little about this thing and its capabilities so far. One thing my wife and I are wondering is if it's possible to set it up with two different users? We've tried de-registering and re-registering it, but every time we do, it wipes the bookmarks and favorites, so that won't work long-term...

Suggestions? Thanks, gang!

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
That's one of those features that I think would be awesome, but isn't there. Nothing worse than when I pick it up and my daughters have put all my games beyond my skill level.

So the short answer is, no. It is designed as a single user device.

jsh1120

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
gijoecam,

One way to think about this is whether you'd ask that question if the device were a cell phone rather than a tablet. That might seem to be a silly comparison but in fact the OS for the KF (as well as that for the iPad) is literally a cell phone operating system. The assumption that a phone is a "personal" device, not shared with others is seldom questioned. But when that same OS is transferred to a tablet, the limits of a cell phone operating system become more obvious.

Frankly, I was disappointed and initially confused by the fact that the iPad I purchased as a "family" device could not be configured like a family PC with separate accounts for myself, my wife, and my seven year old daughter. As I thought about it, however, it became obvious why this limitation existed.

Ironically, when I purchased the Kindle Fire I found a great app (Kids Place with Child Lock) that enabled me to set up a set of apps for my daughter that she could access without also having access to other features of the tablet. That can't be accomplished on the iPad and the KF got points from me for that feature. Unfortunately, I don't think that particular workaround would work for your wife. :)

Tab_Man001

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Kindle devices can only be registered to 1 account at a time. If you deregister your device and then register to another account, you will loose access to your content. Content from one account cant be transferred to another account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey