music on droid

R

Roy Aguilera

No true sync yet, so drag and drop is the best way for now.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Will my itunes purchases be able to be transferred to the phone as well? I did the drag and drop on my Storm 1 and the itune store purchases did not transfer. Maybe I did something wrong, but never did get them on my Storm.

CSSVT

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Will my itunes purchases be able to be transferred to the phone as well? I did the drag and drop on my Storm 1 and the itune store purchases did not transfer. Maybe I did something wrong, but never did get them on my Storm.

No, you did nothing wrong. You'll need to burn them to a disk and then re-rip them off the disk onto the computer in order to strip the DRM....there are programs that do this too I believe but most of the good ones cost money?

This is one of the reasons I hate Apple. If you buy music through them you can only use it on one of their devices....even though you now own that file and should be able to put it on any device you want.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
well, to be fair it's only for the older stuff you've bought, they have gone DRM free like most every other digital music store for purchases.

it is annoying though, but yes. you can download a program to do it (search for them, they generally cost money but are easy to find, i don't know if we're allowed to list them as some forums have issues with talking about stuff like P2P and drm removing.) or burn a CD and re-rip it as people have stated.

R

Roy Aguilera

Storm had media sync and played all purchased itunes music after sync. The Droid should play those files also.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
Not true anymore! Check this out at Motorola's site. They've got free sync and backup software for your Motorola Android and PC. Media syncing with iTunes and Windows Media:

Motorola Media Link - Motorola USA

I sent this in as a tip to the administrator, but since I saw nothing on it, I figured people had seen this already.

nice find! should make things a lot easier for people!

it would have been nice if it was included on a disc with the phone or something. i don't even see it mentioned in the manual anywhere

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, you'd have thought someone, some site anywhere, would have mentioned it. Although it does seem like a recent addition. I was pretty all over their site a few days ago and didn't see it. It's like the last piece of the whole cool puzzle making the picture complete. :D

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Ooh, and I just noticed that below the download button is a little ad for their premium upgrade media link service coming soon and powered by NERO!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paulinus Ahaflex