Music Sync

cotaej

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone and plan to switch to Android based phone in the near future. I also have an iPod as does my wife so I want to continue to use iTunes.

How does Android handle music?
Is there any app that will get play counts, song ratings, playlists from iTunes and onto the phone?
Is there an app that will put that update iTunes with play counts?

Thanks

Rusty Shackelford

Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
There is a app a good amount of people use called "doubletwist" that "replaces" the itunes interface, but I don't believe it shows a play count. The other thing to consider, is that DRM protected music "purchased on itunes before DRM protection was removed" cannot be played until you convert it.

That being said, I now own a nexus and have owned an iPhone in the past and I have to admit that this phone blows me away!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Check out SugarSync. They have a desktop and Android client. I've been using it to synchronize my iTunes library between my computers and phone wirelessly and in real time. I love it.

cotaej

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have many DRM protected songs (maybe 5) so that shouldn't be a problem. I have heard of doubletwist but was hoping for a way to get iTunes to work.

Glad to hear that a former iPhone user likes the Nexus One.

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a app a good amount of people use called "doubletwist" that "replaces" the itunes interface, but I don't believe it shows a play count. The other thing to consider, is that DRM protected music "purchased on itunes before DRM protection was removed" cannot be played until you convert it.

This.
I am likely switching to a Nexus One from the iPhone soon.
You should check out DoubleTwist. As he said, DRM'd stuff won't work, so any old DRM'd iTunes Music, Audible books, and maybe iTunes videos/moves? won't work. I'm hoping podcasts work fine (but I think you might have to create a playlist for podcasts, because I don't think you get the same podcast tab when you sync).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dijablue