music transfer?

slang7777

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue that I hope someone may be able to help me with. I just bought a 32gb memory card for my HTC Evo (not 3d or shift)but for some reason I can not get my music library to transfer to the card. I have tried the Isync app, another app called itunes agent, I've tried to copy the files to my phone, I even tried to just drag and drop the files from my external hard drive to my phone. Each way that I have tried has taken about 5 hours to complete, and everything looks fine until I unplug the phone from the computer, after I unplug the phone it shows that I only ended up with 350 songs out of my total 5,343 songs. What am I doing wrong or what am I just not doing to get this to work? Before anyone answers, I have to say that yes I did have my phone set up in the disk drive mode, yes I did format the card, yes I did check under the unknown artist section in the music player, yes I have transfered music files before on the stock 8gb card just fine. I'm sure there are other things I have done but I can't remember them. Any help that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, Question, your SD is formatted to FAT32? Silly question, but you never mentioned.

I'll assume you were copying directly to the device? Sounds like it. Have you tried copying using the SD card reader on your pc?

I ran into the same issue copying video to my tab as in the time was way too long. Was much quicker to use my card reader on the pc. Also, the first time, it told me estimated time 5 hrs for 780mb, so I had to format the card twice ;)

Also, as a sidenote, windows sometimes has an issue copying an enormous amount of individual files in one shot. You may want to transfer them in chunks.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Depending on how much you are transferring, that amount of time might be normal. I'm transferring 3.5 gigs right now and it's going to take about 45 minutes.

Are you running windows? If so, are you using the safe remove option? I've had issues with external devices in the past when not doing so. It's not often, but, it has happened. Just a thought.

After your phone tells you that you only have 350 songs, have you tried plugging it back into your computer to see if the computer recognizes them all?

Also, do you have any other means to transfer the files rather than using USB to phone? Like a USB card reader? Couldn't hurt to try that if you do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha