Must have apps and games for the evo.

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
What would you guys and gals recommend as must have apps, and games for our new evos. So far I have found two really neat apps they are super video, and AIVC.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
EverNote is a must have for note taking.
Astro is a must have for file maintenance.
WeatherBug Elite of course.

Last edited:

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I will have to add those to my list. What's the deal with weather bug elite? What's the benefit of having it over the weather channel app?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Try them both. I preferred weather bug as it uses a weather station very close to my house and I like the interface better. Elite frees you from ads.

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Yea well you have convinced me. So do either of you know what virtual assistant is the better one? I have seen a ton of them.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Voice to text and voice recognition? I just use what is built in to the OS. I only use voice to text and find it works quite well. I'm looking forward to seeing ICS improvements.

Last edited:

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
great idea for a thread. my old htc hero is such a piece of junk at this point that i stopped putting new apps on it like 8 months ago so i have no idea what the new great apps are.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I use SpringPad for notes. It's an equivilant to evernote. Just a personal preference.

SwiftKey is the best keyboard I have found. Thier word prediction is pretty good.

Gtasks is a really good ToDo app.

Dolphin Browser is really good too.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm happy i can finally use Chrome on my phone. ICS needed so here i come :)

No flash but faster browsing is a plus for me

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
great idea for a thread. my old htc hero is such a piece of junk at this point that i stopped putting new apps on it like 8 months ago so i have no idea what the new great apps are.

Unfortunately I stopped downloading stuff on my og evo a long time ago, and I know they have a lot of new apps and great apps out since.

andybock

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I use SpringPad for notes. It's an equivilant to evernote. Just a personal preference.

SwiftKey is the best keyboard I have found. Thier word prediction is pretty good.

Gtasks is a really good ToDo app.

Dolphin Browser is really good too.

Always heard great things about dolphin web browser, but never downloaded it. What's the plus of it over the stock browser?

And thanks for all your replies I have been out of the loop for wayyyy to long.

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I currently use Dolphin mini, but I plan to switch to Chrome beta. (I like being able to sync bookmarks with my desktop)

Always heard great things about dolphin web browser, but never downloaded it. What's the plus of it over the stock browser?

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

So many things. I haven't used the stock one in a long time so I might be missing a few or assuming stock doesn't have something when it does.

• Tabbed browsing
    Desktop mode to view the "actual" web page.
    A home screen to have a few bookmarked apps.
    Gestures to exit and clear history and cache
    Shake to speak and search
    A lot of add ons to quickly tweet etc.

Might be trying out chrome though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
e_honda