Must have gotten a dud. Fixes?

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I ordered the Zenwatch during those few hours they were first available online at best buy. I picked it up yesterday and only have a few days left before I need to return my Sony Smartwatch 3. I want to decide between the two, and was leaning towards the Zen because of aesthetics and I actually like the charging cradle design.....

BUT, this watch lags like crazy and then freezes completely within a few minutes of booting. Even the very first time I turned it on, it took forget to register what I had selected for language. After rebooting, I got past that and it eventually installed a software update. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to help.

After 1 or 2 cycles of dimming the screen and being woken up, the watch freezes. The phone still thinks it is connected and I can feel it vibrate when swiping down to mute/unmute, but the graphics are frozen. The side drawer doesn't activate and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button for 10sec or so.

I've done multiple "resets" on the watch and repaired the phone, but it keeps acting the same. Is there a hard reset for this watch? Anyone else experience this?

I'd exchange it at best buy but of course they are sold out so who knows how long before they can exchange it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
WTF! I just spoke with the store where I picked up the watch and was told that she is showing it as "a deleted item" meaning that they are not expecting any more. They of course will refund me, but I really want to give this watch a chance.

methods

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any of the problems you describe. I'm really liking this watch, so much has nicer than my Gear Live.
You should get a replacement. Return it to best buy and buy it from Google play when it becomes available again

Posted via Android Central App

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, looks like what I will be doing. Maybe I'll try out the moto360 in the meantime.

Any rumors/indications on how long the backorder is on Google Play (or best buy for that matter)?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, looks like what I will be doing. Maybe I'll try out the moto360 in the meantime.

Any rumors/indications on how long the backorder is on Google Play (or best buy for that matter)?

I'm not sure how backed up they are on the ZenWatch, but I ordered mine in the first hour or so after I saw the article posted on AC on Nov 14, and received it today, Nov 19... I'd say that is a fairly fast turn around. When I ordered it they said it would be shipped on the 18, and it did.