Must upgrade soon or lose it, should I Evo?

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the boat of losing my yearly upgrade due to Sprint's premier change. If I don't use it by March 31st it gets pushed to August. My dilemma is do I get the Evo (only device I'm interested in right now) or wait till August to see what's released over the summer. I currently have the Pre. Will the Evo continue to get updates for the foreseeable future?

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm in the boat of losing my yearly upgrade due to Sprint's premier change. If I don't use it by March 31st it gets pushed to August. My dilemma is do I get the Evo (only device I'm interested in right now) or wait till August to see what's released over the summer. I currently have the Pre. Will the Evo continue to get updates for the foreseeable future?

Your normal upgrade is in august? Personally, I would wait. There SHOULD be an Evo2 (or something like it) out by then. The Evo is still a good device, but I'd wait to see what the second generation device will look like. It should (hopefully) come with much improved battery life, if nothing else.

MikeBinOK

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I love my EVO, but I wouldn't recommend buying one now. I wouldn't feel quite so strongly about pity of you'll continue to get annual subsidized upgrades under the new system.

I'd wait a few months to be able to use better technology for the next two years. Read up on dual core.

I came from the Palm Pre last June, after having a Palm of some sort in my pocket every day since buying the Palm V on release day in 1998 or whenever it was. You'll like Android....

Sent from my Sprint EVO using Tapatalk