My experience going from a Galaxy S21 Ultra to a OnePlus 9

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I had an unfortunate incident last weekend while kayaking and I lost my Galaxy S21 Ultra at the bottom of a lake. The next day I went to Best Buy and decided on an unlocked OnePlus 9. I have to say that compared to Samsung, the OnePlus skin is a lot less bloated and feels a lot smoother to navigate. I did notice that the security patch is one month behind though. While everyone makes a big deal over how great Samsung displays are, the OnePlus display seems just as good in my eyes. I need to spend a little more time with the cameras before making a judgement on that as I have a feeling that will be the biggest dropoff between the two phones (especially not having the zoom lense). Overall, it seems like OnePlus is a really good value for $500 less.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I had an unfortunate incident last weekend while kayaking and I lost my Galaxy S21 Ultra at the bottom of a lake. The next day I went to Best Buy and decided on an unlocked OnePlus 9. I have to say that compared to Samsung, the OnePlus skin is a lot less bloated and feels a lot smoother to navigate. I did notice that the security patch is one month behind though. While everyone makes a big deal over how great Samsung displays are, the OnePlus display seems just as good in my eyes. I need to spend a little more time with the cameras before making a judgement on that as I have a feeling that will be the biggest dropoff between the two phones (especially not having the zoom lense). Overall, it seems like OnePlus is a really good value for $500 less.
I'm not surprised and I hope enjoy your new phone. I have used the S21 Ultra and it is one heck of a phone. If you can get close to that experience for $500 less that's great. I wouldn't worry about being a month behind in updates but perhaps I'm ignorant of the risks and as I've seen members here get very very very concerned about the timeliness of updates. Nevertheless, the One Plus 9 is a nice phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol