My experience with S6 Edge(32Gb)

Quazimann

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I am very new to this but I felt the need to write about my experience as I have not found any solution to the problems that rose after using the phone for a while.

As for my usage, I still have a very huge free space, I seldom install apps, I mostly use stock apps, my files mainly consists of photos and videos taken by the phone's Camera I have been playing a few graphic intensive games such as Real Racing 3, Dungeon hunter 5 and Critical ops (games that I thought the phone could hande well), E-Mails, Youtube,Web surfing and I try to restart the phone daily.

Samsung did an amazing job with marketing, I got so hyped for the phone and I mean really hyped. I just hoped they did the same for Production...

I got the phone...

I used to love every second that I was using mostly because of how vibrant the colors looked using the AMOLED screen mode especially when after using the said screen mode, reverting to basic would make everything look dull and lifeless so I kept the AMOLED screen mode on. But then I started to notice something odd...sometimes when I am playing(with horrible performance) I feel as though the screen's brightness has gone down all of a sudden and sometimes adjusting it DOES NOT help by that I mean the screen would still look dark even if brightness is cranked up to max, I have been using the phone for atleast a month(six months after initial release of phone) now but I said to myself "meh its prolly a bug in the system they're gonna fix soon" oblivious to the fact its been freakin six months since release.

The longer I have spent time on the phone the longer the list of problems I encounter, One of which is its deteriorating performance my friend's two year old Ipad can run Real Racing 3 a whole lot smoother than S6 edge, booting up the 10 month Old phone is becoming more and more infuriating, the screen would stall as if having a seizure when I type in my code and then it will proceed to freezing for a good second or two on my home screen then freeze again after initial opening of the app drawer. I barely use the AMOLED option by now, only to look at pictures and then I revert it back to Basic. this is very heartbreaking for me as this is one of the S6 EDGE'S features that drew my attention...I AM NOT GETTING MY MONEY'S WORTH!!
I have searched the internet for a solution and I have tried them all only to be dissapointed.

I would gladly overlook all the other problems the S6 EDGE have if only its "Screen Modes" didnt have an issue,

Took the phone only 10 months to start slowing down and have performance issues, issues that have never been addressed or remedied by Samsung's "updates"

My sincerest apologies if this has become a rant. I loved Samsung ever since I got my first android which was the Galaxy Y but switching to Samsung's S6 EDGE turnedout to be a very huge dissapointment for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried a cache partition wipe? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-29236. Also, if you're using any "RAM booster" apps, get rid of them, because they usually worsen performance, rather than improve it.

I know you mentioned trying all of the solutions you found on the web, but it can be helpful to tell us in more detail what you've tried, so that we don't make useless suggestions.

Quazimann

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello B.Diddy, I did try these "Ram Boosters"and indeed they do nothing. I havent tried the Wipe cache partition though, I fear I might do some stupid mistake and break my phone as I have no experience in those stuff but I am thinking about performing it.

One more question., will this fix the problem I am having while using AMOLED photo screen mode? I am having an issue where after using this screen mode the screen gets darker even after setting brightness to max.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The cache wipe process is pretty straightforward. The only thing to avoid is the Wipe Data option, but even if you select that by accident, it will ask you if you're really really sure, and give you a chance to back out.

I'm not sure if it will do anything about the AMOLED photo screen mode, but it won't hurt to try.

Quazimann

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mr. B.diddy, I've just performed the wipe cache it was pretty straight forward indeed. I will give an update if this has improved performance and if it has solved the AMOLED photo screen mode issue.

Thanks for the advice.

Quazimann

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Update: After observing the phone's performance for a month.

The phone has performed a little bit better after wiping cache but unfortunately it did not fix the problem I am having with AMOLED Photo screen mode, it still gets dark as if adaptive screen mode is activated.

JokiingSutra

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
I one hundred percent agree with you. I have had mine since launch and I swear it aged horribly, just using it 10 minutes ago if I have YouTube, Google play music and Kik open, it will freeze switching between them and crash. I have cleaned the cache numerous times and the phone still lags like crazy, last Samsung phone I am buying, not even looking forward to the s8.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I one hundred percent agree with you. I have had mine since launch and I swear it aged horribly, just using it 10 minutes ago if I have YouTube, Google play music and Kik open, it will freeze switching between them and crash. I have cleaned the cache numerous times and the phone still lags like crazy, last Samsung phone I am buying, not even looking forward to the s8.

I have the total opposite experience. Phone feels buttery smooth. Crashes only like once in 2 months. Able to play demanding games smoothly. If only it has better battery life, S6 would be near perfect like S7. Maybe you wiped your cache too many times and your phones need to rebuild the cache all the time?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faq7205