My First Ever Malware/Spam/Virus

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had a new Galaxy Tab S4 for about a week now. Friday morning I started getting 'undeliverable' emails from Russian mailboxes. Sure enough I had "sent" emails from my Outlook account. Well, something sent the emails. Of course, there are more sent than deliverable. Most are mail.ru accounts but there are others like gmail.com.

Short of doing a factory reset is there anyway to hunt it down? Are there services or would Samsung help. I have no trouble doing the reset, but have no idea where this or when this happened. Could data or system files (root) be infected? Re-downloading from the play store all of the apps would ensure they're clean.

I don't even know what to call what I have :):(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Interesting issue with my email bot is that the Outlook widget is not showing the malware caused undeliverable emails. They appear only in the main app.

Last edited:

Fulani Filot

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
You might wanna try different reputable antivirus apps (one after the other of course if any you try don't spot a culprit). I'm tempted to suggest something like the default antivirus that came with your phone (i.e. Knox for Samsung, etc.) but not sure yet.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You might wanna try different reputable antivirus apps (one after the other of course if any you try don't spot a culprit). I'm tempted to suggest something like the default antivirus that came with your phone (i.e. Knox for Samsung, etc.) but not sure yet.

So far, I tried deep scan Malwarebytes and premium Norton. Neither found a thing. I don't know much at all about Knox. I'll dig into it and possibly give it a try. Last resort, I guess, before reset is contacting Norton and/or Samsung.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramukumar64gfd