This happened to me 2 days ago and I just wanted to give some of you hope if this happens to you (I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and will try to be as detailed as possible). I dropped my phone in the toilet, classic story right, and I immediately grabbed it and turned it off. It did have a case on it, not a great one like an otter box but a decent one. It did not completely get submerged in water, it was maybe 3/4's submerged but water did splash and get all over my phone. So with the phone turned off I frantically dried it off, and while doing this I hit the power button and my phone turned back on. At this point I should have taken the battery out, but I didn't. The screen came on again like normal and I hit the power button again to shut it down. As I was doing this, the screen started glitching and went black right before I was able to get it off. I could tell my phone was still on because the home buttons were on. So after all that I took the battery out. Even with the case there was water all inside the case and also inside my phone where the battery lies and all around it. I dried everything I could and I left the back panel of my phone off with the battery out. I was at a wedding so I had no access to rice so I had to wait like 6 hours before doing the rice thing. I know the first thing one would want to do is try the phone again as soon as possible to see if it works, which is what I did as soon as I got home thinking it would dry with the back panel off. Got nothing, screen was still black. At this point I thought it was done for. I put my sim card in an older phone I had, and put the Galaxy in a bag of rice without the battery or back panel, I also took the micro sd memory card out so as much of the insides of the phone was exposed to the rice as possible. Forgot about it, left it for dead. I waited probably 18 hours before I tried it again. I was lucky and it turned on like normal and has been %100 fine since.