My Galaxy S4 suddenly stopped vibrating while using the keyboard. Any advice?

whitten66

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Prior to yesterday, my Galaxy S4 would always vibrate whenever I would press a number or letter on the keyboard. However, the vibration has suddenly stopped. I remember that I received a notification of a Samsung update yesterday, and I ultimately downloaded the update.

When I click on Settings-My Device-Language and Input, it shows my default as the Samsung Keyboard. Underneath "Default,", it has "Samsung Keyboard" with a shaded check mark that cannot be unchecked. Underneath "Samsung Keyboard," it has "Swype,", with a green check mark that can be unchecked.

When I click on the white gear box next to "Samsung Keyboard," I can scroll down to Key-tap feedback. However, the word "Vibration" is shaded, and I cannot check the box to activate the vibration.

I would appreciate any help or advice that would allow me to reactive the vibration function. Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does the vibration otherwise work for other functions, like when the phone is ringing?

whitten66

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Tell me about it! Yes, the vibration works for all other functions, thankfully. For whatever reason, the new Samsung update just won't let me click on the box to activate the vibration under the Key-tap feedback.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you try installing another keyboard, like SwiftKey? Can you control the vibration with that keyboard?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reflavius