My Google calendar seems to have merged with the phones own calendar

Jimcan59

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
I bought a Redmi Note 9 phone around 3 months ago. I transferred data & apps from Samsung A8. I didn't notice that I only had one calendar icon on the new phone, whereas on the Samsung I had the phone calendar icon & the Google calendar icon. It was only when I was looking at my Google calendar on my laptop, I realised many events were missing. Now looking at the new phone icon properly I note it is a generic calendar icon, however when I click on it & select the menu on the top left it displays as a Google Calendar, but I don't seem to have a synch option. I have gone to the Google Play Store & note that Google Calendar is shown as ready to open. When I open it I'm in the afore mentioned calendar. Any suggestions on how to get synching with my laptop google calendar would be appreciated.

Jimcan59

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi Kizzy,
When I go into settings in the phone, there isn't a section called accounts. The nearest thing is a section which has:

Mi Account....no option in here to sync

Google..........no mention of calendar when I click on this & go through various options

Accounts & sync.....again Google calendar not listed....when I select option to Add an account, Google calendar doesn't appear here either

Jimcan59

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
Hi B.Diddy,

I've tried what you suggested & I get a list that starts with my gmail address, immediately below it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". Then the list proper starts:

Calendar Last synced 24 October 2021, 11:59 Ticked (All timings GMT)
Contacts " " 11:58 Ticked
Drive " 30 September2021 17:31 Ticked
Gmail " 24 October 2021 12:13 Ticked
Google Calendar " 11:58 Ticked

I tried to add an image of a screenshot, but was unable.

This is the first time I've seen the words Google Calendar on the actual phone. As I mentioned previously I only have one generic calendar icon.

I'm still not getting syncing between phone & laptop Google calendar. I suppose this could be due to the "Sync is currently experiencing problems"

I'm also unsure as to why I don't have 2 calendars (Phone's & Google's)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone probably comes with the Google Calendar app preinstalled.

Here's how to post a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. You have to use the forum website or the AC Forums app that uses Tapatalk -- not the general Android Central app that also has the news blog.

Keep in mind that if you have a lot of different calendars in your Google Calendar account, they don't always default to syncing. Open your Calendar app, tap Menu>Settings, then Show More under your Gmail address. Do you see all of the calendars there? If so, pick one that doesn't seem to be syncing, then see if the Sync toggle is turned on.

Jimcan59

Oct 23, 2021
Visit site
I don't seem to have the option Show More. When I compare G Calendar on this phone compared to G Calendar on my Samsung, it seems to about 90% the same.

I'm too inept to follow the instructions on how to load images.

I would like to thank you for your time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be sure -- are you looking in the App Drawer for the Google Calendar app icon, or only the homescreen? Or do you not have an App Drawer? Some phones don't have one -- they just display every single app on the homescreen, like an iPhone.

Also, there might not be a Show More option if it's already displaying all of your calendars. How many calendars do you see under your Google account in that menu?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadadmusa45